Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers being increased in Scotland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not superchargers but there are now rapid EV chargepoints at Cairn Lodge. Will probably see a fair bit of usage over the summer months I’m sure!

You got me Googling! It would be nice for non locals to let us know where that is ... I'm presuming Cairn Lodge Services accessed from the B7078 and near the M74 but not signposted from the M74? North from Abington direction, south from Larkhall ...

Fill your boots.

I'm a big fan of Tebay and the approach this company has. I also read that because they couldn't get an adequate electricity supply they have set up green hydrogen electricity generation on site to support their charging! In many ways having to resort to hydrogen is terrible in strict efficiency terms but if you can get electricity cheap enough (e.g. I've been being paid to charge the car over the past few weeks) then it makes it possible financially ... particularly given what you can charge for public rapid charging per kWh these days. But going from electricity to hydrogen to electricity to BEV just seems bonkers in strict efficiency terms... but it's great that they've found a solution.

Reactions: exlatccatsa
Agreed. Shame about the hydrogen use as it’s a solution to a problem that shouldn’t exist but if they can make it work and still be cheaper than the other operators/scalpers then go for it!

They have the space and the facilities are great. More power to them.

Photo of Supercharger work at Glasgow SC.
IMG_20240415_143724.jpg