Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperChargers for inner Idaho?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see some old (2015-2018) posts about a few spots allegedly coming but, per Tesla's SuperCharger map just now, I see zero in inner Idaho, only around the state rim. Makes it basically impossible to drive north-south via e.g. Cascade and Grangeville, let alone stay there for a holiday, or the larger and/or university locations of Lewiston and Moscow. And that's with a M3LR. No indications of anything being added in 2019. Maybe 2020? Fingers crossed before my next road trip through there!
SuperCharger Map Aug 2019.png

Attachments

• SuperCharger Map Aug 2019.png
    SuperCharger Map Aug 2019.png
    871.8 KB · Views: 137
Makes it basically impossible to drive north-south via e.g. Cascade and Grangeville, let alone stay there for a holiday, or the larger and/or university locations of Lewiston and Moscow.
I kind of disagree with your paradigm a bit. It is very difficult to drive through there quickly, if you are not stopping for a long time. So trying to drive up from Boise straight through to Moscow, ID does not have a fast charging point in the middle to make that whole large journey easy, but to stay there for some time or for a holiday or visit those universities, that part is not difficult, since there definitely are several level2 charging opportunities shown on Plugshare in several of those small towns. There is charging in Grangeville, Cascade, Moscow, etc.

This summer I drove up from Portland to Pullman & Moscow via Kennewick SC. And then on to Leavenworth (& Canada) by way of the township of Ritzville and the SC there. I did have to charge in the Pullman/Moscow area; I spent more a night there and did life things.