Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers visited 3.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello from Las Vegas! 3rd day here, visited Hoover Dam and Memorial Bridge, though occasionally terrifying, truly astonishing. Also checked out the Henderson Supercharger on the way back to our hotel. I know this doesn't count as +1 for my list but I'll post it anyway.
IMG_20190413_182921472.jpg
IMG_20190413_153829137~2.jpg
IMG_20190413_180334830.jpg

Hello from Bryce, Utah! Yesterday we left from Vegas towards 10 to get to Zion National Park. Stopped by both the DT Las Vegas and St. George, UT Superchargers on the way there. Visited Zion National Park, overall nice, except that Hwy 9 to Mt. Carmel Jct. is closed due to rockslides (until April 30th). Anyway, the closure ended up adding a supplementary hour and a half to our trip. I think I even passed the Beaver UT Supercharger, but in a bit of a hurry so we could arrive at 10.

Photos 1-2: Las Vegas Supercharger
Photo 3: St. George UT Supercharger
Photo 4: Chargers at the Zion Canyon Visitor Center, one hybrid Pacifica not charging.
IMG_20190414_134925448.jpg
IMG_20190414_134922033.jpg
IMG_20190414_153725711.jpg
IMG_20190414_214206192.jpg

Hello from Grand Canyon City, AZ! Yesterday left Bryce, UT for a 5-hour road trip here, and a stop in Page, AZ. Last night here at GCC, will be doing an even longer road trip tomorrow going to Monument Valley, then back to Page for 1 night then back to Vegas for our last day.

Photo 1: Page Supercharger
Photo 2: Chargers at Yavapai Lodge
Photo 3: Grand Canyon view
IMG_20190416_142603762.jpg
IMG_20190416_211510576.jpg
IMG_20190417_125439430.jpg

Hello one last time from Las Vegas Nevada! Left Grand Canyon towards Page. Original plan was to go to Monument Valley, but instead went to Horseshoe Canyon. Didn't check out the Page Supercharger again but at least I could see it (barely) from my hotel room.

Yesterday we left Page for Vegas. Passed by the St. George WalMart, where there is currently a set of Electrify America chargers under construction. Cant wait to see these in Canada! Also checked out the Fremont Street Experience last night. Next, for me to check the Fremont Factory.

So, I'll be flying back to Montreal during an overnighter tonight. I might still check out the S Las Vegas Blvd Supercharger site today if there is enough time.
IMG_20190418_165017946.jpg
IMG_20190418_185302769.jpg
IMG_20190419_185122585.jpg
IMG_20190419_224035815.jpg

Reactions: DavidB and Darren S
I added a new tab to the spreadsheet Leaders. This creates the wiki table from the spreadsheet.

It can be viewed by opening the spreadsheet, but it is also published to the web so you can see it without having to open the huge spreadsheet. Here is the web published view: Superchargers Visited
You’re gods. Simple as that.

• Funny
Reactions: Big Earl and DavidB
You can also click on the participant ("Handle" column) and it will bring up the Tableau view for that user (if there is one) just like the wiki.

The spreadsheet is pretty unwieldy especially on a mobile device - so we are trying to make it a little easier. There is now a bit.ly link to it - bit.ly/superchargergame Superchargers Visited
So, seriously, can we just swap out the entire table in the other thread for this link?
What did you automate from Tableau to populate the wiki? It can't be everything, especially given some of the recent issues with dates.

What did you automate from Tableau to populate the wiki?
We really didn't do anything other than reformat what we already had to create the wiki view as a new "Leader" tab in the spreadsheet, and then have google publish it as a web page. The "Region", "Leader", and "Century Milestones" are still maintained manually, but they don't change much. What changes most is the count and the order, which the spreadsheet maintains automatically. The "supercharging since" is also calculated now - it is just the first supercharger visited date.

Our expectation is the wiki table will go away, and be replaced by the web view created by the spreadsheet. Google updates the web view every 5 minutes, so as data is entered in the spreadsheet it will automatically populate.

Question: Should we include the column "first visits" that shows how many times the person was the first of the game participants to visit a supercharger? The wiki does not have it, but we could include it. We could include all sorts of other columns too - most recent visit, count for the current quarter, etc. We could also highlight the "leader" of each heading - for example, we could highlight the latest date in "Supercharging Since" to show the newest participant in the game.

Let's keep using this thread to talk about what you would like to see in the "Leaders" view. Use the other thread Superchargers Visited for actually playing the game (posting locations visited and such).

We really didn't do anything other than reformat what we already had to create the wiki view as a new "Leader" tab in the spreadsheet, and then have google publish it as a web page. The "Region", "Leader", and "Century Milestones" are still maintained manually, but they don't change much. What changes most is the count and the order, which the spreadsheet maintains automatically. The "supercharging since" is also calculated now - it is just the first supercharger visited date.

Our expectation is the wiki table will go away, and be replaced by the web view created by the spreadsheet. Google updates the web view every 5 minutes, so as data is entered in the spreadsheet it will automatically populate.

Question: Should we include the column "first visits" that shows how many times the person was the first of the game participants to visit a supercharger? The wiki does not have it, but we could include it. We could include all sorts of other columns too - most recent visit, count for the current quarter, etc. We could also highlight the "leader" of each heading - for example, we could highlight the latest date in "Supercharging Since" to show the newest participant in the game.

Let's keep using this thread to talk about what you would like to see in the "Leaders" view. Use the other thread Superchargers Visited for actually playing the game (posting locations visited and such).

@JSergeant created a sum total of first visits since several of us were interested. Sounded like it took some ingenuity, but it's a cool metric that I was interested in, despite my massive geographic disadvantage:)