Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers visited 3.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW - I disagree with removing the Permit entries.
Worth a lot, and appreciate the input. Gone for now, but very easy to put back in. Hopefully others will weigh in.

My opinion is Construction is nice because if you are going on a trip, it is nice to look at all the "Not yet visited" as well as "Construction" to determine potential superchargers to add to your list. If you have flexibility on the dates of the trip, you might consider delaying a little if there are supercharger(s) under construction near where you are going.

The same argument could be made for Permit, but without being under construction the timing is so varied it has no near-term value in planning a trip. For general information about permits (and construction), one can always look at supercharge.info and not need to have the data duplicated here. The purpose is not to duplicate supercharge.info, but rather to use their data to play the game.

Even "Construction" is hard to user for planning. Sometimes they can be completely built and then wait a month (or longer) for a transformer, or to be turned on.

For now, we didn't think the maintenance of permit rows was of much value to the game.

Worth a lot, and appreciate the input. Gone for now, but very easy to put back in. Hopefully others will weigh in.

My opinion is Construction is nice because if you are going on a trip, it is nice to look at all the "Not yet visited" as well as "Construction" to determine potential superchargers to add to your list. If you have flexibility on the dates of the trip, you might consider delaying a little if there are supercharger(s) under construction near where you are going.

The same argument could be made for Permit, but without being under construction the timing is so varied it has no near-term value in planning a trip. For general information about permits (and construction), one can always look at supercharge.info and not need to have the data duplicated here. The purpose is not to duplicate supercharge.info, but rather to use their data to play the game.

Even "Construction" is hard to user for planning. Sometimes they can be completely built and then wait a month (or longer) for a transformer, or to be turned on.

For now, we didn't think the maintenance of permit rows was of much value to the game.
I'm not wedded to having Permit locations there if other people don't think it's worthwhile. I can always keep my own version of the spreadsheet with them there. I find it useful for longer term planning - for example if there is a lone Open Supercharger with a bunch of Permits close by I may choose to not bother with the Open one until there is some progress on the Permit ones. I also think that there are Permit locations in places which don't have many eyes on the ground to spot progress, so it's possible they could become Construction and Open without anyone being aware.

Seems to be put to bed, but I'll echo. For longer term planning, I look at both permits and under construction as beehives for future trips, especially locally. I'm not using the statuses much while on the road unless I happen to have a trip planned on a route where one is due to open. But maybe this is all feedback relative to the supercharge website instead of the game site. Then again, why should you have to go to two?
I think the amount of progress the team has made in relatively short order is phenomenal! Kudos to all.

• Love
Reactions: Graffi
@tes-s has added a bunch more competitors to the spreadsheet. I've added them to our tableau visualizations. Competitors can click into the "highlight <username> status" widget and mouse over the years to get an interesting visualization. Get Tes-s your dates if you have them to further improve your visualizations (if you haven't already).

The "open" filter option shows all of the superchargers you've yet to visit. We're talking about renaming this status to "not yet visited" to be more intuitive.

You can save the following URLs to your favorites list for easy and direct access to your map.

So, without further adieu,

That is very cool! I've wanted to show some of my friends/family the routes I've been able to take and this is much simpler than putting a bunch of way points in a navigation app (simpler for me that is). Thank you.

I noticed @Bighorn 's map is itemized by years, that makes a really pretty pattern, I'm a little jealous.

That is very cool! I've wanted to show some of my friends/family the routes I've been able to take and this is much simpler than putting a bunch of way points in a navigation app (simpler for me that is). Thank you.

I noticed @Bighorn 's map is itemized by years, that makes a really pretty pattern, I'm a little jealous.

@ColBatGuano, you too can have it organized by year if you enter the Date (or Month or Year) that you visited a location into the Google Sheet.

Yes, something's happened to the Rocky View, AB row - people's statuses are missing and Bighorn's Nov 2017 is being converted to 'Jul 1905' in column T.

I had a quick look but don't see what's causing the problem. May be an issue with the Array formula.
Lots of work got done in the spreadsheet today. I think @tes-s got everything sorted out.

Now that we're bringing in data and competitors from other regions, I've updated the visualizations to include filters for regions. I set the default filter view for each visualization to the region(s) where the competitor has made visits.

I encourage bookmarking a link to your specific map. The wiki has direct links now I believe.

Feedback - I think the map dots are too big. Clusters in large metro areas are the main issue.
Just my preference.
Hoping that once the dates are done the overall top dog at a certain point in time looks like the wiki.
Still, a quantum leap over the wiki.
Who do I talk to about other gameplay enhancements? I have a few ideas for things like achievement badges and would probably be willing/capable of learning the code to try to program. But it's always good to talk these things out first as I don't want to impede the current momentum.
Bill