Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging for Salvage Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just bought a salvaged Tesla and fixed it like new. The only problem (major) is that I just learned that I can not supercharge it. Im in the Bay Area, CA. Does anyone know of someone who can help?

Connect with someone who has a CHAdeMO adapter and see if your car will charge with it, or if Tesla has disabled all DC fast charging. I've seen people report both ways, so it's worth checking.

It could be retrofitted though, no?
For Europe that uses ccs2, older Tesla cars prior to May 2019 must pay to get hardware upgraded in order to work with the adapter.

In the US, we use ccs1 but only Korea has Tesla ccs1 adapter. Tesla has not given any details on the US plan. We assume Tesla ccs1 will come to the US but we don't know when. We can also assume that Tesla will allow older cars to upgrade the hardware to use the adapter too.

But we don't know until Tesla will tell us.

You need the TSF app.
Tesla supercharger fixer all will run on Android and activate supercharging for salvaged Tesla models. It's pretty straightforward.

You can download the App as torrent:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4e00ac79162f2cb837690f93443ef48b72c9bb7a&dn=Tesla_supercharger_fixer.apk&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.torrent.eu.org%3a451%2fannounce
Has there been an update or confirmation that this works?

Hello all. Ijust purchased a model y salvage with the known super charger ban.... However the ccs adapter is working for me. Charging at 44kw at the moment on a 50kw ccs charger. Just thought I would share this info as I couldn't find the answer myself.
Have you tried to see if Supercharging has already been disabled? (Sometimes it takes Tesla years to find out and disable it.)

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
After the charge completed. I'm seeing an alert saying vehicle configuration update pending changes will apply once the touch screen is off this has got me spooked a little maybe they're disabling my fast charge on 3rd party chargers

• Informative
I don't see why Tesla can't do an inspection on these cars to make sure they are safe. If they pass then enable supercharging. Vehicles with 15 to 20k worth of damage that are not totaled get repaired and are able to supercharge.

I don't see why Tesla can't do an inspection on these cars to make sure they are safe. If they pass then enable supercharging. Vehicles with 15 to 20k worth of damage that are not totaled get repaired and are able to supercharge.
I understand that Tesla used to provide the inspection service and verification, but no longer does.

What bothers me is some of these people want to supercharge just because they are too cheap to plug into their own garage. Many live near a supercharger and have no problem driving over to sit in their car and read the paper, an activity I've seen too often. If Tesla curtails their charging, that's their business, and it's probably justified. It has long been known that Tesla refuses supercharging to salvaged vehicles, mainly for safety reasons (who knows what damage occurred to the battery?), and partly for insurance reasons if the car bursts into flames while charging. Supercharging loads up a huge amount of power in a short time, roughly ten times the power I use in my house all day... in under an hour.

Tesla is right to refuse supercharging unless they have inspected the car and certified it safe to supercharge. This is NOT A GAS CAR. I suppose that if you had refurbished a gas car that had a visible flame on the hood, your local service station would not let you on the property, either, unless you got the repairs certified by the dealer.