Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging Promo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the verbiage excludes “lease” but when I go to details it references lease on the second part pertaining to getting the additional 5k in miles with a trade in.

Anyone have insight into this? Or see something I missed?

Still holding out getting a MYP and still on the fence with lease vs finance.

Up to 10,000 Miles Free Supercharging
Take delivery of a new Model Y by March 31 and receive 5,000 free Supercharging miles for cash or finance purchases. Trade in a vehicle and receive 5,000 miles when you take delivery by March 31.

Let's say you drive like a maniac and only get 2 miles per kWh (500wH/mile) and the Superchargers near you charge $0.50/kWh. 10,000 free miles would be worth $2,500. That's not nothing, but it's an extreme best case scenario.

More likely would be you drive kind of normal, 3.5 miles per kWh (286wH/mile) and the Superchargers near you charge $0.45/kWh. 10,000 free miles would be $1,286.

EDIT: It could even be that you drive conservatively and get 4 miles per kWh (250wH/mile) and the Superchargers near you charge $0.32/kWh. 10,000 free miles would be only $800.

Personally I don't see these numbers as enough incentive to stand around and squabble over them, considering it's a minimum $52,490 car. If you want the car buy the car.

Also, I highly recommend having the ability to charge at home or don't buy an EV. Especially if you're concerned about ~$1,300 worth of free charging. Once that tiny amount of free miles is gone, you'll be paying outrageous charging prices for the opportunity to sit around in random parking lots and wait on a car to charge instead of plugging in at home for "cheap" and being home where all your favorite things are.

Let's say you drive like a maniac and only get 2 miles per kWh (500wH/mile) and the Superchargers near you charge $0.50/kWh. 10,000 free miles would be worth $2,500. That's not nothing, but it's an extreme best case scenario.

More likely would be you drive kind of normal, 3.5 miles per kWh (286wH/mile) and the Superchargers near you charge $0.45/kWh. 10,000 free miles would be $1,286.

EDIT: It could even be that you drive conservatively and get 4 miles per kWh (250wH/mile) and the Superchargers near you charge $0.32/kWh. 10,000 free miles would be only $800.

Personally I don't see these numbers as enough incentive to stand around and squabble over them, considering it's a minimum $52,490 car. If you want the car buy the car.

Also, I highly recommend having the ability to charge at home or don't buy an EV. Especially if you're concerned about ~$1,300 worth of free charging. Once that tiny amount of free miles is gone, you'll be paying outrageous charging prices for the opportunity to sit around in random parking lots and wait on a car to charge instead of plugging in at home for "cheap" and being home where all your favorite things are.
totally understand. I already have level 2 connection available in my garage from my use of my generator for power failures but think this is a nice value - just don’t know if it is actually valid for a lease and not just a cash or finance deal.

I see it now on the inventory page.
Screenshot_20240306_164945_Chrome.jpg