Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Surround view limited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so after installing 39.6, before even turning on the car, I had this message on my IC. I saw it mentioned a couple of times in the megathread but if this is a real problem I’m giving it its own thread.

Tried a full power off and power on, the message was immediately present

Any current ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 259
This error message is present on my care since upgrade to 9 this morning, but I only drove 4-5 miles. I'm going to wait a while to see if some cameras need calibration before calling SC.

so after installing 39.6, before even turning on the car, I had this message on my IC. I saw it mentioned a couple of times in the megathread but if this is a real problem I’m giving it its own thread.

Tried a full power off and power on, the message was immediately present

Any current ideas?

Did you get it fixed? I just had v9 installed this morning. Had the same problem as soon as I open the door. Just drove it for 50km. Message is still there.

Did you get it fixed? I just had v9 installed this morning. Had the same problem as soon as I open the door. Just drove it for 50km. Message is still there.

I called my service center. They asked me if any of the four side cameras were dirty or blocked. I said no they're not.

I have a service appointment 16-Oct to get it looked at. they are also replacing my drivers seat under warranty and replacing front suspension to fix the front end rattle as that fix finally came in. You'll need to visit the SC to get it resolved. The worst part is the error message is ALWAYS ON THE SCREEN. It never minimizes.

Out of curiosity - was your car in a garage when v9 installed? If so, do you park really close to the wall?

I called my service center. They asked me if any of the four side cameras were dirty or blocked. I said no they're not.

I have a service appointment 16-Oct to get it looked at. they are also replacing my drivers seat under warranty and replacing front suspension to fix the front end rattle as that fix finally came in. You'll need to visit the SC to get it resolved. The worst part is the error message is ALWAYS ON THE SCREEN. It never minimizes.

Out of curiosity - was your car in a garage when v9 installed? If so, do you park really close to the wall?
Thanks for the update.

And yes. It was installed in the tesla SC parkade and my car was backed up to only few inches to the wall. Now I have to ask you why you are asking these so specific questions. Hope your answer solves my problem. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the update.

And yes. It was installed in the tesla SC parkade and my car was backed up to only few inches to the wall. Now I have to ask you why you are asking these so specific questions. Hope your answer solves my problem. Fingers crossed.

The right side and rear of my car is parked within 1 inch of the wall of my garage. Therefore the system would have come online essentially not being able to see anything (or rather seeing only wall). I'm curious if the system auto-calibrates when it comes online and the right and rear cameras failed to pass a self-test for the 360-view due to the proximity to the wall. Just a thought. I have no idea.

I have this message as well. Any update from anyone?
I would recommend calling your local service center and schedule an appointment. Once you do that, they will pull the logs and determine what's wrong. This way is less time waiting on hold if you called main support. I just did that and Tesla's tech determined what part is faulting (pillar camera). Then, they called me to let me know that the replacement part is on order and it could be installed by a mobile technician once arrived - I chose that so I don't have drive to the SC.

• Helpful
Reactions: LM-5
I got this message going to and from work yesterday. It didn't pop up immediately. It started at about 5 minutes and stayed on for the rest of the commute. It didn't come up today on the way to work. Interested to see what the fix is.

My car thinks a semi trailer is parked next to me in the garage too. Lol. It's just my wife's Outlander.

This just happened on my car as well. I've drive about 150 miles since the V9 install. Stopped for coffee this morning, it had been working fine. When I got back in the car to continue my drive the message came up.

I'm guessing given all of these messages it's a software issue vs. a hardware issue.

Please let us know if you all figure out anything.

Mine came on after about 30 miles of v9 working fine. I checked all the cameras and they all *looked* clean, but I decided to wipe them with a microfiber and some glass cleaner anyhow just to be sure. Sure enough, the issue went away immediately after giving them a good scrub.

Mine came on after about 30 miles of v9 working fine. I checked all the cameras and they all *looked* clean, but I decided to wipe them with a microfiber and some glass cleaner anyhow just to be sure. Sure enough, the issue went away immediately after giving them a good scrub.
I seriously hope a little dirt won't affect the AP/FSD that much. (Queue the FSD ability discussion) I washed my car really well on Monday and I got the error message yesterday. The message goes away every time I shut off the car and comes on after about 5 minutes of driving. It didn't happen this morning though so maybe it magically cleaned/fixed itself.