Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Surround view

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone if the Tesla has surround view camera capabilities coming via software update? My wife has gotten use to seeing the camera view from all angles on our current vehicle and she really wants this feature before we buy one. Weird that such a technologically advanced vehicle with so many cameras and sensors is missing something that you can now find as an option on many other less advanced vehicles...

The ultrasonic sensors are all around the car and they tell you exactly how far you are from an object in centimetres. The view out the front of the car is amazing with the low, sloping hood and low dash. The backup camera is something that has to be experienced to be believed. Add those features up and I find it far easier to maneuver the car in tight spaces than our Highlander with the 360 view.

I would have thought given what the current movable arial view shows it should be possible with some additional software power to generate a fairly good picture. Not sure what extra cameras the Leaf for example uses for its Birdseye view?