Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SW problem on new X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone seen this on a refreshed s or x?

computer problem or some other part?

it has led to system shutdowns, inconsistent FSD mph (changing from 70 to 45 or 35 or 25 mid drive without a speed limit change).

1694907557865.png

Yes, a USB with music in it (but when I had the problem I disconnected it and re-booted plus received a new SW update and installed…still had the problem).

thanks for the heads up….I’ll find the OP and research.

btw: tech support was clueless about the problem. Then again, the two techs I spoke to the other day had a combined 3 months at Tesla.

I'm not a fan of FSD so can't comment specifically on that; however, my 2023 Model S Plaid (V4 cameras, no Ultrasonic Sensors aka uselessly broken AI vision park assist) has often shown me to be 5-40 feet away from the roads in the last week (I think may be weather related, but my Samsung Z Flip 4 has completely accurate GPS location even inside the car so seems Tesla has likely cheaped out not just on stalks, ultrasonic sensors, and functioning rain sensors, but also on a decent GPS antenna or receiver).

I also have had many cases where it says AI Vision park assist is loading until after I'm out of the garage (not that it is of any use anyway), and a few where times when it complains about several cameras being blocked (sometimes preventing even basic autopilot from functioning). For sure it seems there are teething problems with V4 cameras and the software...