Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Swapping out door panels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone here ever swapped out their door panels? I'm wondering how easy/difficult this might be.

I'm awaiting delivery of my MSM LR with white interior and I like everything about the white except for the white door panels. I wish there was an option to choose the black alcantara door panels from the factory

Also, if anyone in the Bay Area would be interested in swapping white for black please let me know!

My rear left door button was broken on delivery. Put in a service request and a mobile tech came to inspect it. He took the panel off to inspect the plug and wiring to the door button.

Whole panel just comes off one piece. There are like 2 or 3 screws below the door handle and then the whole panel just pries off. It's terrible sound when you do it...like you're snapping the plastic panel in half, but it does come Off. Whole thing is held together by tabs.

Watch out for the wiring/harnesses attached to the panel and there's also a layer of felt/fabric in between the metal door and inside panel you're taking off.