Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Swapping out door panels

marklg

Oct 20, 2020
Bay Area
Has anyone here ever swapped out their door panels? I'm wondering how easy/difficult this might be.

I'm awaiting delivery of my MSM LR with white interior and I like everything about the white except for the white door panels. I wish there was an option to choose the black alcantara door panels from the factory

Also, if anyone in the Bay Area would be interested in swapping white for black please let me know!

bchan911

Jan 29, 2020
Toronto, Canada
My rear left door button was broken on delivery. Put in a service request and a mobile tech came to inspect it. He took the panel off to inspect the plug and wiring to the door button.

Whole panel just comes off one piece. There are like 2 or 3 screws below the door handle and then the whole panel just pries off. It's terrible sound when you do it...like you're snapping the plastic panel in half, but it does come Off. Whole thing is held together by tabs.

Watch out for the wiring/harnesses attached to the panel and there's also a layer of felt/fabric in between the metal door and inside panel you're taking off.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC