Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Switch from Long Range to Performance insurance rates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, Just sold my 90D and was looking at either a long range or a performance model S. my concern is, will insurance increase my rates going to the performance model? Ive read before that 3 performance owners were saying their insurance company didn't know the difference between performance and non performance versions. Does anyone know from experience?

Hello, Just sold my 90D and was looking at either a long range or a performance model S. my concern is, will insurance increase my rates going to the performance model? Ive read before that 3 performance owners were saying their insurance company didn't know the difference between performance and non performance versions. Does anyone know from experience?

I have had my auto insurance with Encompass (same as our home) for 6 years running. When I sold my S100D and took delivery of my RavenRefresh P+L Encompass politely told me “we will not cover a “Performance” Tesla Model S.

Soooo long story short I now have my S insured through Progressive