Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Switch to a Porsche Taycan or Audi E-Tron GT?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On a different note, how about a MS Raven Performance?

Got tired of waiting for my Plaid order and had a go in the Taycan but ended up with the Raven instead because:
-with the new adaptive dampers it rides flat, controlled and quiet, and feels a lot more agile than my old 2016 MSP. It drives a lot closer to the Taycan than a Taycan does to a real drivers car (I also have a Mac and an Atom).
-it’s our family car and I need the room.
-400 miles range if you know what you’re doing - no need to stop and deal with non-Teslas at Superchargers.
-And I’m used to the Tesla tech and environment. Yes the Porsche has an app but it is slow and limited.

Last edited:
On a different note, how about a MS Raven Performance?

Got tired of waiting for my Plaid order and had a go in the Taycan but ended up with the Raven instead because:
-with the new adaptive dampers it rides flat, controlled and quiet, and feels a lot more agile than my old 2016 MSP. It drives a lot closer to the Taycan than a Taycan does to a real drivers car (I also have a Mac and an Atom).
-it’s our family car and I need the room.
-400 miles range if you know what you’re doing - no need to stop and deal with non-Teslas at Superchargers.
-And I’m used to the Tesla tech and environment. Yes the Porsche has an app but it is slow and limited.

Is that a MINI Cooper SE in the corner of your profile photo? :D

As many of you will know i have been locked into a battle with Tesla trying to reject my 2020 M3P since April 2021. They have basically messed me around for the last 6 months agreeing to accept rejection of vehicle due to it being of unsatisfactory quality (see my previous thread for more information). But they want me to take out a new 48 month agreement and order a new M3P. They have agreed to give me a deposit contribution taking into account the M3P is £4k more expensive and they have also offered me £1500 cash compensation. I am mulling over what to do and then it dawned on me that perhaps i should just move to a different brand all together. I have been researching the Audi e-Tron and Taycan forums and the unanimous feeling is that they e-Tron and Taycan are far superior to the M3P albeit at much higher prices which are affordable to me. However upon doing my research i feel that i would really miss the following things about my Tesla if i were to move to a Taycan or E-Tron GT:
  • One pedal driving
  • Auto pilot
  • Integrated dash cam and sentry mode
  • Supercharger network
  • Lack of regular servicing requirements
  • Tesla app
  • Understated looks
My understanding from all of the Taycan and E-Tron GT owners is that these cars are far better built and drive far better which i am sure we will all agree on however none of them can compete with Tesla with the above key areas that i would definitely miss.

Despite my exceptionally poor experience of Tesla with respect to my car's build quality i am finding myself in a position where i am not sure if a Taycan or E-Tron GT would provide a better overall package for me

I would appreciate any thoughts/insights that might help me make a decision on this
Switch to the Taycan and select exactly the spec you want. You will forget about the weaker, slower UI as your driving enjoyment increases. I always enjoyed One Pedal Driving, until we got a Taycan and I realized the ride is much smoother overall, especially for the passengers. Using the brake pedal is never a chore with the Taycan and it provides mostly regenerative (recuperative if your German) braking before it blends the friction brakes which are vastly superior to any brakes Tesla currently installs on any model.

-InnoDrive with Active Lane Keeping is not as good as AutoPilot, but works well especially on longer road trips; best thing is no phantom braking.
-Get a FitCamX or CarCam (CarCam.nl); not as good as Sentry Mode but resolution is better.
-Supercharger network is already opening-up in the EU and might hit UK next, likely before North America.
-Service intervals are quite far apart. Biggest expense will be tires (tyres) which are staggered on all models.
-My Porsche App is buggy but does have decent functionality when it works.
-If you want understated looks, buy a Polestar 2.

Best of luck!