TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Switching 22" summer tires with 22" all seasons?

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by NoVIN4Me, Jun 9, 2016.

1. NoVIN4Me

NoVIN4Me Member

I have the 22" wheels and Tesla give me the summer tires. I live in CA so it doesn't rain/get cold that often, and don't plan to drive to Tahoe anytime soon, so I plan to change them to all-season tires as soon as these sets wear out.

Anyone have experience with 22" all-season tires? Do they provide the same range and any major performance impact with the swap?

2. CaliX

CaliX Member

How quiet are you summer tires? I have all-season on my 22" and I want to switch to summer tires. How do you like your black wheels thinking of switching to black as well. Maybe you and I should just swap wheels if you want to got to silver?

3. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

I'm confused. You live in Cali and you're not planning to go to Tahoe? Sounds like summer tires are the best choice for your usage. Summer tires are the best choice for all weather down to about 40 degrees. Why would you want to switch to all season tires?

4. NoVIN4Me

NoVIN4Me Member

@CaliX I love my black wheels. Noise-wise I don't see a problem with the summer tires...but I am not a picky noise driver :)

@goneskiian actually I would drive to Tahoe maybe in the future. So just want to change to all-season in my next set.

• Dislike x 1
  5. CaliX

CaliX Member

@NoVIN4Me I switched out my Pirelli's all-season for Goodyear's Summer Eagles what a differences. The Goodyear's are way quieter and much smoother riding.

6. Rich Meister

Rich Meister Member

What are the OEM 22" wheel specs? 22 x 9.5? 10? 10.5?

7. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

9.0 front. 10 rear. On both the 22" and 20".