Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Switching Out Uberturbines Upon Delivery - How do you actually do it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, I'm currently wondering about switching out my M3P uberturbines upon delivery or after low usage. What's the best way to do this? Could the SC swap out the wheels for me if I bring them on delivery day? Or should I just do it myself at home? I was looking at some 19" forged wheels but I suppose I don't have the equipment to put the tire onto the wheel (for my current car I've done everything e.g summer/winter tire swaps at the dealership but I'm guessing that's now out of the picture xD).

Hey everyone, I'm currently wondering about switching out my M3P uberturbines upon delivery or after low usage. What's the best way to do this? Could the SC swap out the wheels for me if I bring them on delivery day? Or should I just do it myself at home? I was looking at some 19" forged wheels but I suppose I don't have the equipment to put the tire onto the wheel (for my current car I've done everything e.g summer/winter tire swaps at the dealership but I'm guessing that's now out of the picture xD).
I did this after taking delivery a little over a week ago. I had the wheels I was switching to in my wife’s car. We picked up the 3, and then drove directly to a Discount Tire where I had an appointment set up. They swapped them out with the new tires I bought from them. Then I took the uberturbines back home. for me, being close to a delivery center, the wheels and tires only got 21 miles on them before being removed. I do not think Tesla will do it.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
I did this after taking delivery a little over a week ago. I had the wheels I was switching to in my wife’s car. We picked up the 3, and then drove directly to a Discount Tire where I had an appointment set up. They swapped them out with the new tires I bought from them. Then I took the uberturbines back home. for me, being close to a delivery center, the wheels and tires only got 21 miles on them before being removed. I do not think Tesla will do it.
Ooh thanks! That's a great way to do it

Reactions: rem6775
I did the swap myself…took about an hour to complete. I have the M3P and picked up wheels/tires from T-Sportline and absolutely love the staggered figment. Now just have to try and sell the uberturbine wheels and Pirelli tires with <200 miles.