Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Swivel Mount - Very low ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having fitted this swivel mount last weekend im about to go back to stock, while i like it tilted towards me , i hate how low it is. At full tilt i hit my knee on it !

My car is a RHD so unsure if that makes a difference ( and its a cheap £35 ) mount.

Any suggestions ? or just go back to the stock position.

PXL_20230418_170041452.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Skavatar
Having fitted this swivel mount last weekend im about to go back to stock, while i like it tilted towards me , i hate how low it is. At full tilt i hit my knee on it !

My car is a RHD so unsure if that makes a difference ( and its a cheap £35 ) mount.

View attachment 929825
I installed a swivel mount today. I bought it on AliExpress for $31, Shipped to my hose within 10 days! Very good quality and all tools were provided and pretty good instruction manual came with it. Its a trouble free installation and there is no cutting or drilling involved. After watching a couple of YouTube videos and reading the instructions I was good to go. Took my time and did it carefully as I did not want to break anything. The result was very good! The screen tilts more than I really need in all 4 directions. I did not notice any difference in height, so this may be a newer, better kit. The colors matched perfectly and honestly the end product looks like it came directly from the factory. Looks very durable as well.

The kit was made by Evkey and it was a great fit for 2024 MYLR. Highly recommended for anyone who does not like the fixed screen. I am thinking why did Tesla not do it to begin with? I paid 31 bucks to ship it all the way from China and if Tesla could manufacture it, it would probably cost them less than 5 bucks! The best and most useful aftermarket alteration I have done so far!

Screenshot 2024-02-17 182510.png

Last edited:
I installed a swivel mount today. I bought it on AliExpress for $31, Shipped to my hose within 10 days! Very good quality and all tools were provided and pretty good instruction manual came with it. Its a trouble free installation and there is no cutting or drilling involved. After watching a couple of YouTube videos and reading the instructions I was good to go. Took my time and did it carefully as I did not want to break anything. The result was very good! The screen tilts more than I really need in all 4 directions. I did not notice any difference in height, so this may be a newer, better kit. The colors matched perfectly and honestly the end product looks like it came directly from the factory. Looks very durable as well.

The kit was made by Evkey and it was a great fit for 2024 MYLR. Highly recommended for anyone who does not like the fixed screen. I am thinking why did Tesla not do it to begin with? I paid 31 bucks to ship it all the way from China and if Tesla could manufacture it, it would probably cost them less than 5 bucks! The best and most useful aftermarket alteration I have done so far!

View attachment 1019397
Curious when you tilt the screen towards you, does it “click” into position? I guess i’m just wondering what’s keeping it from staying there and not swiveling back and forth.

Curious when you tilt the screen towards you, does it “click” into position? I guess i’m just wondering what’s keeping it from staying there and not swiveling back and forth.
It does not click! Its very smooth tilt and held by friction! Its actually pretty tight and stays in position! I could not move the arms before the screen was mounted, its that tight! Great quality arms made of thick aluminum.

Reactions: phattbam

View attachment 929825
This is the installation I did yesterday. As you can see the height is pretty good and tilt is great and it also leaves plenty of space between my knee and the monitor
IMG_3527-001.jpg
IMG_3528-001.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Falcon73
Do you have the link at all? To ensure it's exactly the right one, They're are very poor quality ones out there.

That should be it. Easier way is go to aliexpress.com and search evkey for tesla. You will see it. You can also get it on Amazon but at a significantly higher price around 100-130 but you get it in 2 days whereas Aliexpress will take around 10 days. The price has gone up since I got it. It is 34 bucks now!

Last edited:
Reactions: phattbam
Ordered, thank you. I have never trusted AliExpress but it is so much cheaper if it actually arrives. £26 UK pounds plus VAT so £30. Quoted 5 days delivery, be amazed if it's that quick.
You can always return it if you dont like it! They will accept returns though not as easy as Amazon! If you are confident the installation is fairly straightforward and easy! It will be nerve racking if you are doing it for the first time! The provided tools should be adequate but if you have your own tools it will be so much easier. Good luck

Reactions: Snos Rap75
You can always return it if you dont like it! They will accept returns though not as easy as Amazon! If you are confident the installation is fairly straightforward and easy! It will be nerve racking if you are doing it for the first time! The provided tools should be adequate but if you have your own tools it will be so much easier. Good luck
Thank you, il let you know how I get on if it helps others

That should be it. Easier way is go to aliexpress.com and search evkey for tesla. You will see it. You can also get it on Amazon but at a significantly higher price around 100-130 but you get it in 2 days whereas Aliexpress will take around 10 days. The price has gone up since I got it. It is 34 bucks now!
Ok as promised quick update....

Now, bearing in mind I ordered the EVKEY Swivel mount 7 days ago, from China to be delivered to the UK, I cannot believe it has arrived and is installed...

It arrived on the Wednesday after ordering on Saturday.

So, what do I think... Ok I haven't driven the car yet but I have sat in there. I will be driving it tomorrow so will give another update, however, I can comment on the location of it. As others have said, it does lower around about 1.5" which is going to take getting used too, but as with most things, a few weeks in and it will become the norm. No the other thing im not sure about is that when it is swiveled, some of the screen is missing due it being behind the steering wheel. See the pics...

So, I would order again from AliExpress in a heartbeat. Will I like the screen, not sure!!! Love the tilt, not sure about the missing section of the view....

Attachments

• 20240427_175903.jpg
    20240427_175903.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240427_175914.jpg
    20240427_175914.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240427_175917.jpg
    20240427_175917.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240427_175931.jpg
    20240427_175931.jpg