Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SyFy's Most Excellent New Series "The Expanse" Full Episode Preview

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally finished season 4. I had turned on Amazon Prime for a month (I'm not normally a subscriber) to watch Man in the High Castle's final season, order an item and watch S4 of The Expanse.

I don't know how much I want to spoil or say but there is a lot more profanity in this version than what was aired on SyFy. I enjoyed S4 overall. If you liked season 1 thru 3 enough to watch all the eps, may as well turn on Prime for a month to watch S4.

Supposedly, ‘The Expanse’ Renewed for Season 5 at Amazon. I'm looking forward to that.

I don't know how much I want to spoil or say but there is a lot more profanity in this version than what was aired on SyFy.

I noticed The Expanse is listed twice:
I suspect the non-4K is the as censored for SyFy, while the 16+ episodes of the 4K version will have Chrisjen Avasarala cursing up a storm.

• Funny
Reactions: cwerdna
I finally finished season 4. I had turned on Amazon Prime for a month (I'm not normally a subscriber) to watch Man in the High Castle's final season, order an item and watch S4 of The Expanse.

I don't know how much I want to spoil or say but there is a lot more profanity in this version than what was aired on SyFy. I enjoyed S4 overall. If you liked season 1 thru 3 enough to watch all the eps, may as well turn on Prime for a month to watch S4.

Supposedly, ‘The Expanse’ Renewed for Season 5 at Amazon. I'm looking forward to that.
They really went next level on the profanity. Regardless, the production quality of the show improved dramatically at Amazon.

We have several more seasons to look forward to.

was uploaded before S5 started so there shouldn't be any spoilers.

Seems like many people didn't like S5:E8 "Hard Vacuum" w/Naomi going back and forth into the area w/no air in the Chetzemoka. I can see where they're coming from.

TIL there have been different “after shows” than what’s up on YouTube on the Amazon Prime channel (Ty and that guy).

On the X-Ray content for eps in at least S4 and S5, at least on iOS clients, under bonus content is another after show that’s 3-5 minutes long.

It doesn’t seem to exist on their Roku 3, Apple TV 4K and Android TV/Google TV clients. At least on iOS you can’t cast those short after shows and they also block AirPlay from an iPad of that content.

I've been going thru them backwards starting from end of S5. I'm now at the end of S4.

BTW, the ending for S5 was really good. Too bad the "Ty and that guy" after show for the finale wasn't that insightful, esp. about what happened at the end.

Supposedly the ending of the S5 finale was changed due to ‘The Expanse’ Star Cas Anvar Investigated Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations – Deadline and Why Alex Won't Be In Expanse Season 6: Cas Anvar Controversy Explained.

Reactions: SpiceWare
The writers were clearly attempting to set the stage since the Laconia scenes really didn't advance the main narrative at all.
Yeah. There's that and the show left things open-ended.

I haven't read the books but some folks at The Expanse Season Six (SPOILERS) have and have been discussing. I doubt there'd ever be a feature film in theaters (The Expanse is too small of a niche, I suspect) but I could see someone doing a followup series, mini-series or "TV movie".

It is kinda funny to see how different certain actors in real life are from their characters, namely (especially) Drummer and Marco Inaros. In one of the videos (probably Ty and that guy), the actors commented how crazy it was to find an actor for Filip that looks so much like if Marco and Naomi had a child together.

Clinton Shorter is definitely quite a talented composer. Glad they got someone who turned out to be pretty good. The worst sci-fi music I can remember in recent decades had to be for Crusade (B5 spinoff which I didn't find to be good either).

I haven't read the books but some folks at The Expanse Season Six (SPOILERS) have and have been discussing. I doubt there'd ever be a feature film in theaters (The Expanse is too small of a niche, I suspect) but I could see someone doing a followup series, mini-series or "TV movie".

There's also a ~30 year gap in the books between book 6 and 7. Be interesting to see if they get older actors or try to age the current cast.

'The Expanse' kinda ruined other Sci-Fi for me. There was an episode of 'Space Dock' about how silly the Death Star is. You invest all these resources in a giant laser when you can accomplish the same with a large rock or ball of ice (asteroid or comet), a computer and a smallish rocket.

Last edited: