Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sync Messages option keeps turning off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NedH

Feb 27, 2019
GA
Software 2019.40.50.7.

Voice commands and text sending all works fine but every few days the Sync Message option feature gets turned off. When I turn it back on it works fine until it turns itself off again.

Anyone else have this problem?

Software 2019.40.50.7.

Voice commands and text sending all works fine but every few days the Sync Message option feature gets turned off. When I turn it back on it works fine until it turns itself off again.

Anyone else have this problem?

I noticed I wasn’t getting texts on screen after it was working. This must be why. Same software version.

Did you save the profile? Or try to delete your profile and create a new one in case yours is corrupted? I’ve heard of this happening.

And be sure the setting is on on your profile and not only Easy Access if you are using that. Weird things do happen...

I've never had sync messages turn off- but some random (but fairly high) percent of the time if I use the car to reply to a text the car acts like it all went fine, but checking the phone the reply was never submitted or sent, it just vanished.

Usually INITIATING a text via car works fine- but replies are a crapshoot on if they actually go anywhere.

I have had this happening for several months as well. Hoping that this last update or the next fixes that. I'm on 2020.20.17 since a day or 2 ago.

Still happens occasionally to me, and I am on 2020.24.6.4

I usually dont notice it until I try to send a text message using voice commands to my wife or something, and the car tells me to "connect to bluetooth".

I always forget to delete and re sync (re pair) the phone and the car, because turning it back on makes it work for a while until it happens again (noticed while i am driving, as I said).

I wonder if there is any correlation on type of phone, etc?

I have an iPhone 11 (company provided) with iOS 13.5.1

Reviving this thread. Just took delivery last week and noticed this.

I dont remember seeing it happen to me on my current firmware which is 28.6. That being said, I am driving a LOT less (like most are these days). I am only driving into the office every 6-10 days or so, when I have to do fix something by being physically there, vs using rdp or vnc etc to remote to something to work on it.

So, I dont know if my version has i fixed, or if I just havent driven enough for it to happen to me recently. It was really random.