Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unusual message left by Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently we were away for a month and left our 2019 Model 3 locked in our garage, on charge (80%). Our neighbor looked in once or twice weekly to see that all was well. About two weeks into our absence while we were aboard a cruise ship in the Mediterranean, I received either a text or an email - can't remember which, and the message was gone when I checked back the following day. The gist of the message was that some sort of activity had been detected in the vicinity of the car ( note I had turned off the Sentry function). Tesla had subsequently "deregistered" the car (or some similar wording) on a temporary basis. I never did hear from them again, and all was well when we arrived home two weeks later, and we have driven it without incident since. In typical Tesla fashion, I have been unable to contact them.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks all
Murray C.

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
Does this sound familiar to anyone? Any ideas or suggestions?

Sounds like you had a message from Nigerian prince offering untold riches (along with Tesla deregistration services).

The text message was probably caught by your phone / operator as spam (an increasingly common occurrence), but not before it briefly displayed on your phone. If you know how to check SMS spam folder, you might still find it.

Either way, this is not a thing that Tesla would do. And as the car drives and charges just fine, you have confirmed that it was just a phishing attempt.

a

Look in your message app's spam folder.
Screenshot_20231013-111803.png

Due to this thread I looked in mine. Turns out there was a legit message from Tesla in there (Tessie ready for pickup).