Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

T.O.R.S.O. Tesla Order Refreshing the Status Obsession

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Frieda’s Boss

Model 3 AWD Silver + Model Y AWD Red
Sep 30, 2018
Vancouver, WA
Back in the summer of 2018, my wife gave me a hard time for obsessively (hourly?) checking the status of my AWD Model 3 after news that Performance versions had begun delivery and non-P would be soon to follow.

Fast forward to March 2020 and my wife has a Model Y Red/Black AWD 19s on order. Now that Model Y deliveries have begun, she’s fully experiencing the debilitating effects of T.O.R.S.O. o_O:p

Me: It looks like they haven’t even started batching AWD 19s yet, so your delivery might still be a while...
Wife: SHUT (clap) UP (clap)!!! (as she goes back to refreshing her order page)

Okay, I feel a bit stupid, but all I have is my original reservation e-mail, I don't have any other e-mails from Tesla. When I last checked ( 2-3 weeks ago) my account page just had the prepare for delivery note at the bottom, nothing else. But after reading this post, I figured it would hurt to check and behold it was asking for my registration info, trade in, etc. I was under the impression I would get an e-mail saying they wanted this information but apparently not. So I now fully understand your obsession. I'm wondering now if I could have had my car by now (ordered 3/17/19) if I had been checking my account more often. :(

Okay, I feel a bit stupid, but all I have is my original reservation e-mail, I don't have any other e-mails from Tesla. When I last checked ( 2-3 weeks ago) my account page just had the prepare for delivery note at the bottom, nothing else. But after reading this post, I figured it would hurt to check and behold it was asking for my registration info, trade in, etc. I was under the impression I would get an e-mail saying they wanted this information but apparently not. So I now fully understand your obsession. I'm wondering now if I could have had my car by now (ordered 3/17/19) if I had been checking my account more often. :(
What did you order?

source.gif