Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TACC speed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,
I have a new Tesla y with enhanced autopilot . When I use TACC with speed limit option , it doesn't change speed when the road signs change speed limit ( both up or down , highway and local roads) . Is this a bug or expected?
Thank you
Gautham

That is expected. You would need to get FSD beta for the car to automatically adjust to the speed limit.
Another question. This is on an exit ramp. It shows speed limit 65. Isn't this too fast for the ramp. See picture

Attachments

• IMG_7794_Original.jpeg
    IMG_7794_Original.jpeg
    468.5 KB · Views: 77
Upvote 0
Another question. This is on an exit ramp. It shows speed limit 65. Isn't this too fast for the ramp. See picture
Of course it's too fast for the ramp. The map of speed limits is not perfect and I have similar issues here when exiting a highway on my way home. It got much better when I upgraded to FSD beta. One trick is to tap on the current speed on the touch screen. This will set the max speed to the current speed. Holding down the gear shift stalk will set the max speed to the current speed limit (as will tapping on the speed limit on the screen) but, of course, this will not help with your 65 mph ramp.

I use the speed control scroll wheel a lot. I treat this stuff as driver assistance, not driver replacement. I try figure out how the car and I can combine to create the best experience. I don't sit back to see how well the car will do on its own.

I really wish the cars would let us manually program the speed limits in places where it gets them wrong. Unfortunately, Tesla is generally moving in the direction of more automation and less manual control. In the long run this may be for the best but it creates annoyances in the here and now.

Upvote 0
If you are using NoA (part of EAP) the car will adjust speed. If you are not using NoA the car has no idea you are exiting, Based on your picture, NoA may not work in that situation as it is intended to transition from one highway, through the interchange, and then merge onto the next highway.

Upvote 0