Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Take a friend on a test drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, according to this thread, you have to be a democrat to drive a Tesla? Guess I broke the mold when we bought our Model S. Hubby works for a major oil company and is a conservative . We love our S! Hopefully this ends yet another segregation issue. Everyone can drive a Tesla! Share the love:love:

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of this pigeon-holing by political stripe. Too often liberals will brand anything they don't agree with as conservative and vice versa. Can't we all just get along :wink:

In September the Italian Tesla Store, which is in Milan, will move for a week to Rome. On that occasion many friends of mine will test the Model S and, maybe but I still am not sure, also a Football Champion. I will not say the name of this Champion because I don't know if I will manage to make him test the Model S; I can only say that he is a Champion of the World.

If you get him to test it you have to let us know who it is, no?

Note, OP didn't just say conservative, he said republican :tongue:.

I'm sure he'd have no problem if you were a Tory.

OK, I'm a registered Republican and conservative. This is an automobile forum and IMHO, if you want to screw up a great forum, turn it into a political battle ground. Lets just enjoy the discussion of a great automobile.

Any time reasonable intelligent people disagree over R, D, or any other label we are paying homage to the Carvilles and Roves of this world. Let's not do that. We have let paid hacks spoil good conversation.

:smile:

I wish there was no such thing as politics... just grow your own food, make love and be happy....
and give test rides and drives and make others happy too

Last edited:
Sometimes I wonder if I'm the odd one out here. (I know I'm not but sometimes the posts here... sheesh.) I am a fiscal conservative and a libertarian. My family shares many of the same leanings (and even some of locals would happily regurgitate without thought some of the lines fed to them), yet to this day I have never given a test ride or drive that hasn't left everyone thoroughly impressed.

Ask your friend to leave all politics aside and tell him you just want him to give it a try, and tell you what he thinks. Ask him to leave the manufacturer out of it, and focus on the product. Tell him to ask all the questions he wants.

If he doesn't walk away impressed, I would offer that he is incapable of enlightenment. That happens on all sides of the political spectrum, unfortunately. There are only so many times that you can explain all the reasons that a Republican or Democrat should like Tesla's product, and if they keep falling back on the party lines, then it's time to just jettison the conversation.

I'm a pure LIBERTARIAN and I LOVE Tesla and the Model S, and I could not feel more proud of Elon Musk! We should all be eager to build the future. I have read 200 to 300 Tesla-related web pages and watched practically every single Tesla-related YouTube video (including some pretty bad ones). Going for my first test drive next Sunday and plan to place my order right there.

I have a friend who is a conservative republican. Listens to "Rush". Yeah, yeah, I know. He is a rabid Tesla naysayer. What can I say, he's my friend. Under a false pretense, I normally don't lie, I am going with him to the mall. It is my intent to take him on a Model S test drive. Nefarious?

I am a conservative libertarian and own a Tesla.

Don't let the stereotypes cloud your judgement...

:)