Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taken delivery of LR black/black/induction ("Batman" version) in MN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I've been a huge consumer of all the detailed great feedback in the forum and it's time to give back. Took delivery today of the black with black interior, induction version. About 5 issues, most of them super minor and one classic issue with significant hatch misalignment which caused a small chip in the back right tail light. Everything is booked up for mobile service appointment, and I expect full resolution end of next week. Service at the facility was fine and competent and staff was professional. Car was clean (except oddly the rims were dirty - don't worry, checked them for any damage), and interior was spotless.

Key takeaways so far:
  • Going from ICE to this - acceleration is a blast without the performance version. Don't see the need for an extra second faster to 60mph.
  • Black/black is beautiful. BUT fingerprints will get all over this thing after 30 minutes.
  • Induction rims are AWESOME looking. Yeah I lose 15-30 or whatever in range, but my god. Doesn't feel like a harsh ride, and in Minny we have some rough roads from the temperature swings and still fine
  • Regen takes some getting used to but no biggie and actually nice to not have to move to the break all the time.
  • Multi-phone pairing and settings stuff actually works the way other OEMs claim theirs work. It's very easy and great for multiple drivers
  • Screen as a source of information while driving is no problem, but navigating to the myriad of things you can do with it will take some getting used to, but prefer it 1000x more than those terrible knob like toggle things in cars in the market today way more expensive than this one
  • Had an adult fiddle with the door knob a bit before getting accustomed to using it; my 5 year old son took a single look and then got it right away (and then wanted to mansplain it to everyone else). This car is built for what would be intuitive if you hadn't driven before. Some of us will have to unlearn some things to fully appreciate its value
  • Those seats are actually very comfortable. I came from what I consider to be best in class seats (Volvo), and the pictures of the seats in the Tesla's really weren't doing much for me, but they are super comfortable.
  • Sound system is excellent - best non-upgraded I've heard. But who wants to listen to music when you car hear the sweet sound of nothing?
  • Did I mention the acceleration?
    Thank you again to everyone for sharing your experiences, good and bad. It was very helpful!
    IMG_7585.jpg
    IMG_7599.jpg
    IMG_7602.jpg
    IMG_7609.jpg
    IMG_7585.jpg
    IMG_7598.jpg

Nice! Also from MN, waiting for my order from 7/18. When did you order?

I also got the induction wheels. Blue paint, white interior, tow hitch. Can’t wait! Just waiting on drafting contract for a week now. Feels like forever