Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tampa/Miami where to charge ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I agree. Since you checked the 60->27 and it's 258, I would not recommend attempting on a single charge...unless he's willing to go 55mph the whole way...too slow for me. I would probably go down 75 and take advantage of the Florida TEG member's HPC in Naples.

You could, but Joe's not a member of the club charging network.

Larry

While I dont have my car yet, I have my electrician installing my 240/50 connection next Saturday. Anyone wants to come by and get juiced up can call or email me. We live in Coral Springs about 12 miles north of the I75/I595/Sr869 Interchange. Be Glad to help. email [email protected] or cell 305-389-1257. Hopefully we will be good to go by early afternoon, he may start on it Friday afternoon.

While I dont have my car yet, I have my electrician installing my 240/50 connection next Saturday. Anyone wants to come by and get juiced up can call or email me. We live in Coral Springs about 12 miles north of the I75/I595/Sr869 Interchange. Be Glad to help. email [email protected] or cell 305-389-1257. Hopefully we will be good to go by early afternoon, he may start on it Friday afternoon.

Hi Mark,

Thanks.

Do you want me to add your Coral Springs residence to our Club Charging Network list now?

Larry

Hi Mark,

Thanks.

Do you want me to add your Coral Springs residence to our Club Charging Network list now?

Larry

I would say yes, but as stated it isnt up and running yet, maybe lets wait until next week. My guy is SUPER and has done work for me before. He installed a transfer switch at my house for my generator to power the house and disconnect from the untility if the power goes out. I would recommend him to anyone in SE Florida looking for a licensed electrician who knows what he is doing. I am also installing another outlet at our townhouse in Key Largo, so we will have more than one places to charge up.

My two addresses are
Primary 12071 NW 10 St Coral Springs Fl. 33071

Secondary 96000 Overseas Hwy R3 Key Largo Fl. 33037.

Both places are gated communities so I would have to put someone on the list to access the house
Best
Mark Levin

Another thought. Would love to provide the people at TESLA with a GREAT spot for a super charger. The Ft Pierce Exit on the Fla Turnpike is also right next to I 95 exit at the same area. There are alot of open spaces, Failed Shopping Center and a Cracker Barrell at that location. There should definately be an opportunity for space for a Supercharger in that location. It would also a location that would allow us from S Fla to top off and continue to Tampa or Orlando and for those coming south to top off as well. This should be the PERFECT location.

Last edited:
Clearly, Naples would be a great location for a SuperCharger. It's the midpoint between the Tampa/Sarasota area and the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area. Those seem to be the two largest areas for Tesla customers in Florida. Having a SuperCharger placed at a Naples Outlet Mall (along I-75) would be a perfect place to stop for 30 minutes.

The Model S owners that are traveling from the Tampa area to Miami should consider staying at a hotel with charging capability. I recall at least a few hotels in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area with charging stations.

Clearly, Naples would be a great location for a SuperCharger. It's the midpoint between the Tampa/Sarasota area and the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area. Those seem to be the two largest areas for Tesla customers in Florida. Having a SuperCharger placed at a Naples Outlet Mall (along I-75) would be a perfect place to stop for 30 minutes.

Hi Dave,

Are you referring to Naples Outlet Center, or the Miromar Outlet Mall? The Naples Outlet Center is not located directly off of I-75 and it doesn't seem to have restaurants listed in its directory. However, a number of us have commented favorably regarding the Miromar Outlet Mall which is located directly off of I-75, but its about 25 miles North of Naples. More discussion at Suggested Tesla Supercharger locations in Florida.

Larry

Thanks to all for the tips on how to make it to Miami. We will go on Saturday morning with a range charge on 60. This is a very safe trip as there are enough chargers on the east coast.

Anybody has a good suggestion for overnight parking, preferable a hotel of course in Miami/Fll area ?

Any charger from a Tesla owner would be of course very helpful. I am not member yet of the charging network because we are still living in our condo and are building a house which will take some month (however I will install my HPWC at the lot as soon as it arrives). The car came earlier than expected :)

Joe

Thanks to all for the tips on how to make it to Miami. We will go on Saturday morning with a range charge on 60. This is a very safe trip as there are enough chargers on the east coast.

Anybody has a good suggestion for overnight parking, preferable a hotel of course in Miami/Fll area ?

Any charger from a Tesla owner would be of course very helpful. I am not member yet of the charging network because we are still living in our condo and are building a house which will take some month (however I will install my HPWC at the lot as soon as it arrives). The car came earlier than expected :)

Joe

Feel free to use my charger, if convenient. I have an HPWC and 14-50. I'm in Weston, FL. Just PM me if that's of any use to you.

Hi Dave,

Are you referring to Naples Outlet Center, or the Miromar Outlet Mall? The Naples Outlet Center is not located directly off of I-75 and it doesn't seem to have restaurants listed in its directory. However, a number of us have commented favorably regarding the Miromar Outlet Mall which is located directly off of I-75, but its about 25 miles North of Naples. More discussion at Suggested Tesla Supercharger locations in Florida.

Larry

Larry,
I was thinking of the Miromar Outlet mall in Estero. Great midpoint location. And I've been hoping for a reason to stop there for years.