Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tassy trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll be going there for 3 weeks in 6 weeks. Have booked there and back passage on the ferry and can report that bookings (particularly for cabins) are very tight. It seems to me that there are plenty of chargers around but given a lot are one or two stall and from Plugshare comments there might be some waiting if one is unlucky. I'll also be interested in any recent comments from people who have done the trip. We plan on about 1,400km of travel within Tassie.

You'll have no issues at all! Many sites are single stall, but they're also close enough together than you can skip one (or two, or three). There are extra 24 kW DC chargers in small towns in between the main ones, just in case you unexpectedly get caught short.

This map - https://aeva.asn.au/files/842/ - more clearly delineates the 24 kW / 50-80 kW / 150-350 kW sites. I haven't updated it for a while, but it's mostly the same (new site at Smithton, extra location in Burnie, extra stall in Swansea, many extra locations around Hobart).

For some real-life context on terrain/distances, my RWD M3 has very comfortably done Hobart-Zeehan (a bit past Queenstown), Hobart-Wynyard (a bit past Burnie) and Hobart-St Helens on a single charge.