Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tax refund on lease / Hogarth flyover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had an invoice last week from Leaseplan, thought it might be a speeding fine or something, but turns out it was a £384 credit note for 12 months road tax. I wasn't expecting it but sure enough it came into my bank account today. When i originally took the lease 12 months ago the 2nd year luxury car tax was still being charged so a nice surprise to get a refund.

On another totally unrelated note, i use the Hogarth flyover quite often, anyone dared to use autopilot on it yet?!

• Informative
Reactions: nufan
ha, i wouldnt dare try it, though you would end up grounded quite near to the tesla showroom for an instant replacement. I don't think there's an autopilot in existence that could cope with hammersmith broadway!

Yep I got my £384 last month, Nice surprise

I had an invoice last week from Leaseplan, thought it might be a speeding fine or something, but turns out it was a £384 credit note for 12 months road tax. I wasn't expecting it but sure enough it came into my bank account today. When i originally took the lease 12 months ago the 2nd year luxury car tax was still being charged so a nice surprise to get a refund.

On another totally unrelated note, i use the Hogarth flyover quite often, anyone dared to use autopilot on it yet?!

Hi Ben - Did you get the refund on the anniversary of your lease starting? I’m a LP customer and haven’t seen it yet...but thinking as my lease didn’t start until mid-Dec that might be it. Thanks! You mention the lease being 12 months old - so I think that’s it.