Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tein EnduraPro Plus adjustable shock absorbers fitted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I did a motorway run earlier today of 80 miles and other than some sections where the road undulated quite a bit and the suspension definitely felt soft, I couldn’t fault it at all. At medium speeds 40-50mph over larger uneven sections there is more side to side movement than before - kind of expected TBH. Should be able to dial that out by firming up slightly.

It did not feel floaty or out of control at all.

Still very happy. 😃

Reactions: Elektrick
Appreciate the thread and feedback. I just ordered these for my '22 MYP. Interesting that the Tein website only lists them as being compatible with MYLR. No mention of MYP. The seller reached out to confirm that I was willing to accept the fitment risk.

Are you keeping yours set to max soft long term? I'm surprised it didn't feel floaty like that. I'm thinking I'll run 10F/12R for mine. Hoping they are relatively easy to adjust, sounds like you just need to jack up the rear?

Are you keeping yours set to max soft long term? I'm surprised it didn't feel floaty like that. I'm thinking I'll run 10F/12R for mine. Hoping they are relatively easy to adjust, sounds like you just need to jack up the rear?
I’m not quite at max soft, I have the rears set to 14 if I remember correctly - but the fronts are at 16. The only time I find it floaty is at speeds of >50mph and only then when the road undulates through larger dips and crests. Occasionally at lower speeds I feel a slight side to side wobble when moving over a bump or undulation on one or the other side of the car. The rest of the time it’s perfectly fine. I will get around to tweaking it eventually to try and get rid of these two characteristics, but right now I’m just enjoying the smoother ride.

To adjust the fronts it’s as simple as removing the plastic cover under the bonnet behind the tub - this just pulls off and pops back on - and you get access to the adjusters from the top.
To adjust the rears you need to jack up the side you want to adjust and then unclip the arch liner which will give you just enough space to get finger access to the top of the shock. It’s tight and a bit fiddly but definitely possible.

Coincidentally I read the FAQ from Tein today that sometimes the adjusters will go further than 16 clicks (which mine do as I mentioned) and that anything further than 16 has no effect on the damping - it also mentions as you say that running them behind this may damage them. I had already adjusted to 15 clicks from hard following my initial test run so will be basing my tweaks from there. 👍🏻
I just got mine today. What would you recommend settings wise. I was thinking 12 front 14 back. I’m looking for max comfort. Please advise :).

Quick dumb question: Where are folks ordering these from? TIA
We've been selling these for quite some time, let me know if you need a set - they've been on backorder, but we have kits trickling in and have been fulfilling orders as they arrive:

Here's some EnduraPro Plus Dampeners with H&R Lowering Springs on a Model Y LR:

52798832960_43ede82214_b.jpg

52798885088_7de4b5df7d_b.jpg

52798681384_d91af1138f_b.jpg

52798442416_64f8f4041d_b.jpg

52798681819_cfc6479483_b.jpg

52798885433_dc9f7178ff_b.jpg

Reactions: Rcmpnc
Just got 4 more sets of these in stock, expect to go quickly. PM me if you have any questions.

I installed the adjustable endura pro plus on my 2018 3 performance today because you guys in this thread. Thank you so much. Note, This review is just my feelings and I have no data to back the claims. I set the fronts to 10 and rears to 10. After driving home from the shop I kept thinking i cant believe I've been driving on stock suspension for 5 yrs when I could have used these. Maybe they didn't come out till recently but you get the idea. All model 3 and y should have these instead of the crap from the factory. The bumps are soaked up much better. Not quite the bmw great feel where it's firm but they magically separate the bumps out but it's just so much better than stock. The car almost feels floaty boat like which made me worry about the handling so I drove spiritedly on a favorite curvy road. I'm not sure but it almost felt like it handled better which doesn't make sense. The way it soaks up bumps makes you think the car will lean more during cornering but it doesn't. Would love to see a comparison on lap times. And when I went over big bumps that I'm familiar with it settles faster than before. It's smoother going over speed bumps and driving over cobblestone tiles is muted considerably. Again maybe it's all in my head but I'm digging these and think everyone would enjoy them. I can't believe I'm on 20" rims with rubber band tires too. 18s must feel way better. If I had to quantify the feeling with numbers. 10 is a hard rough hit on stock suspension. The teins turn it into a 7. Thank you all again for your knowledge sharing on this. Paid $1250 installed in Los Angeles.

Last edited:
I've made my first adjustments after a month with the Teins fitted, and set them to 10/10. There are a couple of reasons;
1. The looser feeling at higher speeds (so, >50mph on motorways for example) made the car feel a bit too floaty (although not excessive or out of control, and to me not unpleasant).
2. The side to side wobble taking longer to settle was affecting my daughter in the back.

I've only been for a short drive so far but it still felt comfortable to me, and I didn't go much over 50mph so can't comment on the float. I'll keep monitoring and report back.

I've made my first adjustments after a month with the Teins fitted, and set them to 10/10. There are a couple of reasons;
1. The looser feeling at higher speeds (so, >50mph on motorways for example) made the car feel a bit too floaty (although not excessive or out of control, and to me not unpleasant).
2. The side to side wobble taking longer to settle was affecting my daughter in the back.

I've only been for a short drive so far but it still felt comfortable to me, and I didn't go much over 50mph so can't comment on the float. I'll keep monitoring and report back.
When you say 10/10 - does it mean set it at 10 or 10 clicks from the hardest - which is effectively 6 since they have 16... Thanks

When you say 10/10 - does it mean set it at 10 or 10 clicks from the hardest - which is effectively 6 since they have 16... Thanks
Yes, 10 clicks away from the hardest, or 6 from the softest if you like although the way to adjust them is to set to max and then go the number of clicks that you need. I can see how saying 10/10 can be confusing, I mean 10 front and 10 rear.

Just installed these Endurapro Plus shocks on my 22 MYP. I can confidently say that there is a noticeable improvement in the ride quality compared to stock. The drive feels much smoother. It’s no Lexus, but I’d say the biggest improvement is that the smaller, more constant bumps over road imperfections are now muted. Performance feels the same. I got the installer to trim down the bump stops (cut the middle out), and set the dampers to 10 clicks from full stiff on the Front, and 12 clicks from full stiff in the Rear - Loving these settings so far. They also had no issues moving the stock dust boots onto the new shocks.

For those in the Toronto area, I had mine installed at Shift Electric. Great installers and they know teslas very well.