Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tein EnduraPro Plus - Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So someone told me to use 2023 MYP springs with the Tein shocks because they are better. I happen to got one from a friend. Do you think it will change the comfort for my 22 MYLR? Also I’m planning to go 12 front and 14 back for max comfort, what do you guys think?

So someone told me to use 2023 MYP springs with the Tein shocks because they are better. I happen to got one from a friend. Do you think it will change the comfort for my 22 MYLR? Also I’m planning to go 12 front and 14 back for max comfort, what do you guys think?
Struts alone are usually enough.

Most usually go Eibach or H&R lowering springs to lower the car a bit for better aesthetics since there's no additional labor for springs during installation.

We've installed both Eibach and H&R springs on Teins, both combos work great.
Hey dude, quick question - do you think this shock changes requires any special skill set from the labor part? Like I’m a complete noob at this. I’m going to my local body shop in NYC based on Google reviews. I have no idea if they can or cannot do the job properly. It’s been super hard to find someone here who are familiar with model y and Tein shocks. Any advice?

Hey dude, quick question - do you think this shock changes requires any special skill set from the labor part? Like I’m a complete noob at this. I’m going to my local body shop in NYC based on Google reviews. I have no idea if they can or cannot do the job properly. It’s been super hard to find someone here who are familiar with model y and Tein shocks. Any advice?
A lot of shops get spooked by Teslas, not knowing the suspensions are similar to 90% of other vehicles on the road. Once they peek underneath, it should be fine. Here's some pictures from a TEIN EnduraPro Plus install with H&R springs so they can see what's involved:

Looking at the steps, these will install exactly like OEM. Feel free to browse around our Flickr album to see other Teslas we're worked on.

Last edited:
A lot of shops get spooked by Teslas, not knowing the suspensions is similar to 90% of other vehicles on the road. Once they peek underneath, it should be fine. Here's some pictures from a TEIN EnduraPro Plus install with H&R springs so they can see what's involved:

Looking at the steps, these will install exactly like OEM. Feel free to browse around our Flickr album to see other Teslas we're worked on.
This is amazing. Thank you so much!!

A lot of shops get spooked by Teslas, not knowing the suspensions is similar to 90% of other vehicles on the road. Once they peek underneath, it should be fine. Here's some pictures from a TEIN EnduraPro Plus install with H&R springs so they can see what's involved:

Hey bro, one last question - someone told me after the shock installation the car has to be set in the shop for a day for everything to be settled in. Is that true? Can I immediately start driving after the installation and wheel alignment?

Hey bro, one last question - someone told me after the shock installation the car has to be set in the shop for a day for everything to be settled in. Is that true? Can I immediately start driving after the installation and wheel alignment?
Not true. You can drive right off.

For coilovers, we typically wait a week or so for alignment in case any height adjustments need to be made. In your case (since there’s no height adjustment) you can get aligned right away or wait a couple of days and get some miles driven to make sure everything was installed correctly.

Reactions: XPsionic
Hi folks how are these working for you any suggestions after using endura pro plus after using a few month. My 2021 model 3 make a Big Bang going over road imperfections and potholes also sometimes feels like car just slams as if there was no suspension … do these help with above issues any other suggestions to alleviate above

Hi folks how are these working for you any suggestions after using endura pro plus after using a few month. My 2021 model 3 make a Big Bang going over road imperfections and potholes also sometimes feels like car just slams as if there was no suspension … do these help with above issues any other suggestions to alleviate above
The EnduraPRO Plus are going to be much better than used OEM suspension in each and every way.

4 sets arrived yesterday, these will go quickly. Let me know if you want a set.

Last edited:
I installed the adjustable endura pro plus on my 2018 3 performance today because you guys in this thread. Thank you so much. Note, This review is just my feelings and I have no data to back the claims. I set the fronts to 10 and rears to 10. After driving home from the shop I kept thinking i cant believe I've been driving on stock suspension for 5 yrs when I could have used these. Maybe they didn't come out till recently but you get the idea. All model 3 and y should have these instead of the crap from the factory. The bumps are soaked up much better. Not quite the bmw great feel where it's firm but they magically separate the bumps out but it's just so much better than stock. The car almost feels floaty boat like which made me worry about the handling so I drove spiritedly on a favorite curvy road. I'm not sure but it almost felt like it handled better which doesn't make sense. The way it soaks up bumps makes you think the car will lean more during cornering but it doesn't. Would love to see a comparison on lap times. And when I went over big bumps that I'm familiar with it settles faster than before. It's smoother going over speed bumps and driving over cobblestone tiles is muted considerably. Again maybe it's all in my head but I'm digging these and think everyone would enjoy them. If I had to quantify the feeling with numbers. 10 is a hard rough hit on stock suspension. The teins turn it into a 7. Thank you all again for your knowledge sharing on this. Paid $1250 installed in Los Angeles.

Anyone have any tips for holding the piston rod stationary while torquing the one nut that holds on the OEM top hat? The directions seem pretty clear not to use pliers on the rod. I ordered and tried open-ended sockets which worked great for OEM removal, but can't see how to do it on the Tein parts. Anyone had any success with anything other than padded lock-grip pliers?

Anyone have any tips for holding the piston rod stationary while torquing the one nut that holds on the OEM top hat? The directions seem pretty clear not to use pliers on the rod. I ordered and tried open-ended sockets which worked great for OEM removal, but can't see how to do it on the Tein parts. Anyone had any success with anything other than padded lock-grip pliers?
I used a rubber surround over a set of mole grips to make sure it didn’t spin.

Go 6/8 F/R - you’ll be happier with that based off your response here. I’m at 3/5 and happy but I like very dampened feel which is a little too rough for most.
Tried 6/8 for the past few weeks and the ride became a lot more stiffer. It wasn't too bad but became uncomfortable so I set it to be 8/8 for front and rear and I think this is the sweet spot for me and best overall comfortability.