Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tein EnduraPro Plus - Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had some squeaking from my rears and the installer removed the dust boot which solved the problem. I also changed the settings from 10/10 to 12/12. So far the ride feels really good and soft while handling is good. I’m gonna try more hard curves to feel it out more.

model 3 performance. I was on 10/10 but tried 12/12 today and love it. Ride is so smooth. I tried to sense if I lost handling but I don’t feel like it. I’m sure if I did a timed autox there would be a difference but in real world driving it feels good. I drove around Los Angeles today and 90-95% of bad bumps with stock feel decent now.

Reactions: canasion35
I was also able to adjust the rear dampers by jacking up car high enough for the wheel to droop down and have access to the black rubber buttons to adjust. I set it to 10. So now I have Front 8 clicks and Rear 10 clicks. Drove it to work the past 2 days and the ride is much better from first having it at 10/12. It is still very comfortable though, and here's what I think so far.

10/12: Comfortable on local streets and freeway and absorbs very well, but car feels very floaty and like a boat. Going over speed bumps will have lot of bounce and if slightly going over too fast, will bottom out.

8/10: Still comfortable on local streets and freeway and can feel slightly stiffer. Going over speed bumps still have bounce but is lesser and if slightly going over too fast, it is better but i can almost feel it is close to bottoming out.

Next thing I'll try is setting to 6/8 or 4/6 and hopefully it will be just right for stiffness and comfortability and possibly get rid of any bounce or fear of bottoming out if going over speed bumps slightly too fast, or at least to improve absorbing it and over bumps in road or freeway.

What are your overall experiences for the damper settings?

I originally had them at 8/10 which was way tooo floaty. I adjusted to 6/10 since the front was easy but I don’t know how/if I can do the rest myself. I definitely want to bring it to either 6/8 or 6/7. I’ve been told there’s no easy way to adjust without having to take a part multiple things which I cannot do myself since I don’t have the tools.

You said you were able to adjust the dampers by just lifting the car high enough? Do you have pictures or videos of this at all by any chance?

I originally had them at 8/10 which was way tooo floaty. I adjusted to 6/10 since the front was easy but I don’t know how/if I can do the rest myself. I definitely want to bring it to either 6/8 or 6/7. I’ve been told there’s no easy way to adjust without having to take a part multiple things which I cannot do myself since I don’t have the tools.

You said you were able to adjust the dampers by just lifting the car high enough? Do you have pictures or videos of this at all by any chance?

For me, 6/8 was a little bit too stiff and rough, so I set it to 8/8 and I think its perfect now. You dont need to remove anything to adjust the rear, not even the wheel. All you need is a floor jack with puck inserted and jack up car high enough, you'll see how easy it is once you start jacking it up.

I dont have any video of adjusting the rear but here is a picture. Just jack up the rear wheel high enough so the wheel is drooping down and you'll be able to access the black rubber buttons on the rear shock and reach inside with your fingers to adjust the knob. I removed the right side button. First turn it all the way to the right until it stops. Then turn it left the # of clicks you want to set it to.

IMG_8308.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: GOVA
I've just received my EnduroPro plus shocks for.my 2021 M3 LR. I'm wondering if the difference will be as noticeable as it is on a 2019, as from what I understand stock got sofer in 2021 and then again in 2023.

I test drove a 2023 RWD LR (the fleet specific version) and it was pretty comfortable. My 2021 AWD LR feels firmer.

Hoping the Teins soften things up a bit.

For me, 6/8 was a little bit too stiff and rough, so I set it to 8/8 and I think its perfect now. You dont need to remove anything to adjust the rear, not even the wheel. All you need is a floor jack with puck inserted and jack up car high enough, you'll see how easy it is once you start jacking it up.

I dont have any video of adjusting the rear but here is a picture. Just jack up the rear wheel high enough so the wheel is drooping down and you'll be able to access the black rubber buttons on the rear shock and reach inside with your fingers to adjust the knob. I removed the right side button. First turn it all the way to the right until it stops. Then turn it left the # of clicks you want to set it to.

View attachment 981707
My bad. You have the flex z. I have enduro pro which don’t have that side access - pain in the ass.

I had some squeaking from my rears and the installer removed the dust boot which solved the problem. I also changed the settings from 10/10 to 12/12. So far the ride feels really good and soft while handling is good. I’m gonna try more hard curves to feel it out more.
Hi @Dyhppy - I am having the same squeaking noise in the rear when going over bumps (slightly big ones)… does removing the dust boot bother you - or did the installer say it’s safe to do so.

View attachment 981707
Is that the tein top hat? I thought the enduros use the factory unit which in turns doesn’t really allow you to use a dust boot

The installer said tein tells them to install the boot but it just falls off anyways and squeaks. So they said it's totally fine too remove the boot. It solved my problem completely. No other issues yet.

That may be true, but the installer will probably only warrant the labor for 12 months. The way Tesla mounted the shocks inside the wheel well, I'm not so sure that leaving the shock bellows off is a good idea.

I plan to 3D print with ABS plastic, a modified version of the OEM shock bellow lower perch, so I modeled it using Fusion 360. I can change the inside dimensions to match the new shock's outside dimensions.

1697581312393.png

I had the TEIN EnduraPro Plus installed on model y, i set 8 in front and 12 in rear. On highway going 100km the car is very unable on dips the whole care would wobble left and right couple times. I keep the full bump stop on both the front and rear. any one know what might be the issue?

Reactions: warrior15r
Just updating for posterity that the fronts have developed a clunking noise (not loud, but very annoying to me) over low speed road imperfections (i.e. under 35mph). Might just be that the road noise drowns it out at higher speeds. It's possible this is an installation issue (i.e. the top hat pad not perfectly lined up with the spring or something along those lines), but I was very careful when I installed them, so I doubt it. Not eager to tear apart he front end just to check.

I have also changed the setting back to a stiffer front (8) and kept the rears at 14. This seems to have eliminated pretty much all the unsettled float-ness and body roll (not that it was bad, but it was definitely worse than stock at 14f/14r). At this setting I would say there is no handling detriment at all compared to stock, with a noticeable (but not drastic) improvement in ride comfort by the seat of my arse.
They sound like great shocks at any price... since there were practically no others out there.
I read a report on Koni red and it sounded disappointing.
At least with Tein you've reported a quite noticeable improvement in ride quality over OEM Tesla shocks.
I figure the clunking might not be a fault in the shocks?

I had the TEIN EnduraPro Plus installed on model y, i set 8 in front and 12 in rear. On highway going 100km the car is very unable on dips the whole care would wobble left and right couple times. I keep the full bump stop on both the front and rear. any one know what might be the issue?
I've had my Tein EnduraPro Plus dampers on my 2022 MYP for over a month now and have not experienced the issue you report. My Teins are set at 9 front and 12 back. Other than an occasional chirp from the rear right (initially but not noticed recently), I've not experienced any problems. The ride is firm but clearly smoother than with the stock dampers. I'd suggest you have your Teins looked at by the installer to make sure they were torqued properly and there are no misalignments.

I've had my Tein EnduraPro Plus dampers on my 2022 MYP for over a month now and have not experienced the issue you report. My Teins are set at 9 front and 12 back. Other than an occasional chirp from the rear right (initially but not noticed recently), I've not experienced any problems. The ride is firm but clearly smoother than with the stock dampers. I'd suggest you have your Teins looked at by the installer to make sure they were torqued properly and there are no misalignments.
I fixed the issue by changing the adjustments to 6/8 . More then 8 would bounce like out of control.

I'm convinced - going to order a set of Tein EnduraPro Plus dampers and install them.

Does it matter who I order from? Looks like they're $660 everywhere?
They're on factory backorder, so someone will need to have them on the floor.

I have 1 set in stock. Order today, ships today.