Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tein Flex Z front shock mount

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i believe i am having this exact same issue now. Whenever i am at slower speed like turning into my complex or turning left over a speed bump, i am hearing some binding like sounds from front driver side. doesn’t happen on the right side. This started happening about 1.5 months after getting tein flex z installed.

Is tightening the preload easy enough to do or would it be best to have the shop do this for me instead?
If you’ve worked with coilovers before I’d say you can do it in about 1 hour (taking wheel off, fixing preload, putting it all back together). If you aren’t comfortable with it you can take it to a shop too.

The first thing I’d try is to spin the steering wheel back and fourth (full lock to full lock) a bunch to maybe unbind that area and get the spring to spin freely again.

Woah - is this confirmed or no
IMG_7758.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: FatM3
If you’ve worked with coilovers before I’d say you can do it in about 1 hour (taking wheel off, fixing preload, putting it all back together). If you aren’t comfortable with it you can take it to a shop too.

The first thing I’d try is to spin the steering wheel back and fourth (full lock to full lock) a bunch to maybe unbind that area and get the spring to spin freely again.
Its weird but the spring binding noise I was experiencing is gone now. Ever since the weather has become colder like around end of november it stopped making the noises. I did not do anything to the Teins at all either just normal driving. It have been raining on and off and I did drive in rain though. Has anyone else that had these noises now has gone away due to the colder weather? I assume as the weather returns back to warmer temperatures the noise will come back.

I am looking for mostly comfort and slightly lower than stock. Is this the best priced coilovers? I know some were having problems. Are they gone?

Also have anyone ordered from Rzev? There pricing seem better than others.

Save a bit more and get the MPP comfort while they're still on sale - it's a much better value/performing system if you're not looking for dampening adjustment.

The FlexZ is a awful kit (unlike their EnduraPro Plus struts) and riddled with issues, we stopped installing these months ago. If you are able to spend a little more, you'll be rewarded with a better quality/performing kit and peace of mind.

Reactions: Du30
Save a bit more and get the MPP comfort while they're still on sale - it's a much better value/performing system if you're not looking for dampening adjustment.

The FlexZ is a awful kit (unlike their EnduraPro Plus struts) and riddled with issues, we stopped installing these months ago. If you are able to spend a little more, you'll be rewarded with a better quality/performing kit and peace of mind.
what are the issues of the FlexZ your customers encountered?

The FlexZ is a awful kit (unlike their EnduraPro Plus struts) and riddled with issues, we stopped installing these months ago. If you are able to spend a little more, you'll be rewarded with a better quality/performing kit and peace of mind.Thab

Thank you for your reply. As others have mentioned, please share with us what kind of problems you have run into.

Likewise - I had a pinging noise the first 4-5 miles I installed when turning the wheel and I readjusted the preload and the noise never came back after a year of driving and over 10k miles…they were omega comfortable for me, even being really low.

The only reason I switched to KW’s is I wanted to have a more sport ride for autocross

Reactions: Clun9