Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tell me about your part reliability issues, minor adjustments/How not included .

How many physical parts have failed on your model 3?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm trying to gauge how the model 3 is holding up reliability wise not including squeaks, paint, panel alignment or adjustments related to build quality. I want to know if any parts have failed. Please post any parts, suspension, chargeport, drive unit etc. that have failed. So far I have not had anything go in 9000km . Sept build.

Agree that zero needs to be an option. However, I've had one part need replacement so far. The accent light strip in one of the headlight assemblies went out somewhere around 4 months into ownership (3/18 build). The entire headlight had to be replaced, which was performed as a mobile service.

It's not uncommon and I've seen a few other Model 3s with the same defect. It's pretty subtle and hard to notice when you're the one in your car driving, so I always wonder if their owners even know it's out. I also wonder how long mine was actually out before I noticed. It wasn't until I was parked in front of an all-glass storefront on a cloudy day that I saw a difference in the reflection between the headlights.

Not mine but I pointed to over 1.5 dozen DU failures at New Model 3 Breaks Down on Day 2.

Here are some Model 3 packs that needed replacement:
My new Model 3 has faulty battery. Needs replacement...
My new Model 3 has faulty battery. Needs replacement...
Car shutting down - PULL OVER SAFELY on the freeway 3 days after delivery
Tesla service center no loaner Tesla anymore?
Notification that battery cannot charge to 100%

I'm sure if you could find more of whatever you're looking for by Googling for site:teslamotorsclub.com "model 3" (terms you're looking for).

You should start this over with 0 as an option, although I am one of the people who had to chose 1. I'm sure the majority of people have had 0 parts replaced. My drivers side headlight failed at 5000 miles. Tesla Ranger came out and replaced it. Took a little under 2 weeks to get part and come put it in. All is well now and I do like the mobile service for small problems that can be done without going into a service center. Saved me from having to waste a half day which could have turned into more if that wouldn't have fixed the problem.

Reactions: SJC3 and Matt L