Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tell me this isn't the final steering wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the purposes of this thread, the latest pictures show the wheel has stitching.
http://i.imgur.com/nYwmKyJ.jpg
Also from the second angle, the trim has a second dark gray/silver color.
http://i.imgur.com/S6erzYN.jpg

I'm not inspired with confidence by the fact that they have a JUMP START BATTERY on the passenger side floor.

And in the black bag, that laptop is an HP Elitebook / Ultrabook 9470m Folio. A decent laptop running a 3rd gen i5 CPU, but 4 years old now. I'm a computer nerd. And I have one of those right here.

Nice new image of steering wheel. I like that autopilot is now part of the gear selection lever... it makes sense to make it another mode on the same stick. Can anyone figure out where the interior door handle is located?

There isn't one.

You press the big yellow button behind the touchscreen and are ejected out through the roof :p

It's hard to tell, but in those pictures the center looks like it may not be textured. That may be a big reason why it doesn't at first glance look as nice as one would expect. If that's true, it will actually start looking a lot better assuming the final design will have a textured surface.

I think the interior and controls look great. I like the stitching.
Me too, but I don't think this is the $35k car's interior.

Elon hinted at $42k ASP for the initial cars, and as there are no choices other than colour and wheels, it's going to be in that ball park with the nice stitching, expansive wood dashtop, and alcantara.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the basic interior looks like. My view is if you are going to do minimal, use good quality materials, otherwise you run a risk of it looking cheap.

Imagine if the wood strip along the dash was matt plastic, you lost the stitching, swapped leather for cloth and plastic door cards, the roof lining was the regular stuff.

Are we getting a hint of the first "must have" upgrade. (A bit like the tech pack in the early cars).

Does this really matter? With such a large reservation count, I'm sure they will have no problem selling them at $42k for the foreseeable future.