Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tell me why you love your dash cam?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't have one yet but am considering an OBDII connected hotspot. Any advise fro m anyone if this is a good idea?

No wifi in my Blackvue set-up. I just let it store to the SD Card and with the 128GB card the vids stay for about 3 ish days I believe before they get overwritten (with 24x7 recording). The blackvue broadcasts its own SSID, so you can connect to it via your phone and download the videos, or take out the SD card and copy them that way as well.

In terms of power, mine is wired into the car (see previous video I posted in this thread) so it is always on (powered by the car 24x7).

Hey guys. I am thinking of getting the Vanture dash cam on Amazon. I can get it for $110 down from $160 which is a good deal.

My question is.. The 4 pin 3 wire connector that comes in the Tesla head panel, is there a 4 pin 3 wire male connector to mini USB that I can purchase so I don't have to do the opening up of the wires and soldering.

Many thanks.

Saving $50 is a good deal.....if you are getting a good camera. The Blackvue 750 setup has been vetted by many and found to be worth the price and effort. You are trying to shortcut not only the installation, but the entire camera quality and usefulness thing for 50 bucks. Penny wise/pound foolish.

Hey guys. I am thinking of getting the Vanture dash cam on Amazon. I can get it for $110 down from $160 which is a good deal.

My question is.. The 4 pin 3 wire connector that comes in the Tesla head panel, is there a 4 pin 3 wire male connector to mini USB that I can purchase so I don't have to do the opening up of the wires and soldering.

Many thanks.

In my opinion, If you’re looking for a solution that requires no permanent modification, to your car with no wires showing... and are willing to compromise some functionality, the IRO Dashcam is the best option.
Can be installed or uninstalled in under 5 minutes.

Many thanks.

Here is a thread I started on the IRO Dashcam

I just received my Model S AP2 to DashCam which I purchased on eBay from China via DHL.
I chose it because included a polarizing filter to avoid glare and reflections from the windshield.
I also feel it is more elegant design than the topfit aesthetically speaking. I also checked out the app which seemed much better as well.
I initially tried to order it, however the seller informed me that Tesla had revised the housing for the Model S AP2 mirror several times affectind how well it fit . He had me remove the housing and send him the part number.
Then he ordered that part from Tesla so they could modify their parts for a perfect fit .
After more than a month of waiting he had me re-order it and it arrived today .
I have included photos of all packaging and components.
The packaging and documentation is extremely high quality and well designed.
I will attach pages from the instructions on another post.
I will attach pages from the instructions on subsequent posts
After I have attempted to install it, I will post additional information.
View attachment 245899 View attachment 245889 View attachment 245891 View attachment 245892 .

Many thanks.
I think you should go with a company that has been tried and tested. Nothing but nightmares with chinese junk. May work for a while, but overtime it will fail. I know blackvues that have last 5 years and still work. Its not easy to make a product that lives in direct sunlight all day and still work flawlessly.