Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Temperature Impacts of Stacked Powerwalls

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The other day I installed and setup Powerwall-Monitor, which is an amazing tool if you haven't use it.

One thing that stuck out to me was the impact of stacking and temperature. The temperatures are slightly higher for the inside powerwalls, but obviously well within limits. Just thought I'd post this little tidbit.

PW1 and PW3 are against the wall, with PW2 and PW4 stacked against them. Other than an anomaly on PW1 (thinking the fan kicked up a notch), the inside and outside powerwalls have slightly different temps, but almost identical temps to each other. I mean, it is expected but thought it was interesting nonetheless.

1687019174685.png

I noticed the same thing. But another observation is (I believe) that this is the ambient air temperature at the heat exchanger and not cell pack temperature.
IMG_0938.jpeg

I usually open the garage doors when the temperature outside drops below the garage temperature. You can see how fast the temperature of the outer three powerwall drops. The drop in the morning was that the wind flipped around from the south and was blowing into the garage right before the doors closed. Temp recovers quickly and then return to previous temps, cell pack has to much max to change temperature that fast, unless pump and fan are running. I’ve never heard the fans run yet.

IMG_0940.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt-FL