Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesery CCS1 Adapter now selling!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesery

Global Vendor
Sep 6, 2021
USA
We have good news to share with you that we are selling CCS1 adapters at $179 and $199.
TESLA COMPATIBLE - The Tesery CCS to Tesla adapter is fully compatible with CCS chargers and all Tesla models that are CCS enabled (On your Tesla screen: Control>Software>Additional Vehicle Informantion> CCS Adapter Support-Check If Enabled)

• Disagree
Reactions: Resist
Just keep in mind that these two chargers are rated for 150kW (they have a typo with kWh, which is not the same) whereas the Tesla made ones are rated to 250kW. These may work great, just worth noting you wont hit the peak charge rates above 150kW.
Uh, if it's a passive adapter, you'll likely hit the exact same peak charges, just ... -> HOPEFULLY <- for shorter. The alternative is melting things, so you'd hope the temps transmit to the various sensors.

Uh, if it's a passive adapter, you'll likely hit the exact same peak charges, just ... -> HOPEFULLY <- for shorter. The alternative is melting things, so you'd hope the temps transmit to the various sensors.
Uh, that would make those even worse. A device that has a current rating well under the current draw of the system (without a way to tell it to turn down) is dumb. I haven’t seen videos of these pulling over 150kw so I can’t say it’s even true. My Tesla CCS adapter has pulled over 200kw.

Reactions: Rocky_H
Uh, that would make those even worse. A device that has a current rating well under the current draw of the system (without a way to tell it to turn down) is dumb.
(I pulled 188 briefly last weekend, on my original Ukrainian adapter)
I believe the current system monitors temps on both the charging handle and the charging port, and derates accordingly if either goes out of bounds/expectations. So as long as the adapter is thermally coupled (and it should be, as nearly all electrical conductors are also excellent thermal conductors) then I wouldn't expect anything to melt.

I would expect your charging speeds to suddenly drop to 75 or 36 kW or something in reaction to temps getting high.