Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesery "Forged Zero G style" wheels seem inexpensive. Not forged?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There’s nothing inherently wrong with MIC wheels as long as the QC is in place, ie Apex. But I would it touch these with a ten foot pole before I saw actual load testing and documentation. Sorry, a ChatGPT response doesn’t work for me.

There’s nothing inherently wrong with MIC wheels as long as the QC is in place, ie Apex. But I would it touch these with a ten foot pole before I saw actual load testing and documentation. Sorry, a ChatGPT response doesn’t work for me.
Documentation means nothing, sadly. A few years ago my company purchased a $20,000 piece of lab equipment from a Chinese company which has a pretty good reputation and has been trading a long time and selling it's equipment all over the world.
It came with all the QC/QA testing documents as expected, but when we tested it some of the results had clearly been fabricated.

I've also had products MIC myself in past businesses and learnt the lesson that unless you can put someone on the ground there yourself to oversee production and QC, you are taking a big risk of not getting what you agreed on.

Don't get me wrong, China can turn out some top quality stuff but you have to be on your toes with them. It's very easy to stamp "VIA" or "KBA" on your wheels and quote a load rating in the spec. How many buyers actually trace back the certifications to ensure the testing has been carried out?

I've bought MIC wheels for my cars in the past but stuck to the well known brands. I was tempted by some of the 'fully forged' wheels being talked about on TMC when the Model 3 first came out but in the end I decided to buy from a known manufacturer in the UK and pay the extra for piece of mind.

Documentation means nothing, sadly. A few years ago my company purchased a $20,000 piece of lab equipment from a Chinese company which has a pretty good reputation and has been trading a long time and selling it's equipment all over the world.
It came with all the QC/QA testing documents as expected, but when we tested it some of the results had clearly been fabricated.

This happens in the US as well; I paid extra to have some precision parts (+0/-0.0005"). I could tell the parts weren't anywhere close and that they forged their inspection report. Threw the part on the optical comparator and caught them in their lies.

I've also had products MIC myself in past businesses and learnt the lesson that unless you can put someone on the ground there yourself to oversee production and QC, you are taking a big risk of not getting what you agreed on.

Don't get me wrong, China can turn out some top quality stuff but you have to be on your toes with them. It's very easy to stamp "VIA" or "KBA" on your wheels and quote a load rating in the spec. How many buyers actually trace back the certifications to ensure the testing has been carried out?

I've bought MIC wheels for my cars in the past but stuck to the well known brands. I was tempted by some of the 'fully forged' wheels being talked about on TMC when the Model 3 first came out but in the end I decided to buy from a known manufacturer in the UK and pay the extra for piece of mind.

Totally agree with all of your other points.

Reactions: Dangerous Fish
Did you get the wheels? Pics please. Too good of a deal to be true?
I did!

@Tesery ‘s site is straight-up loaded with 100% fake reviews using pictures they shamelessly scraped from this site - would be really hard for me to trust them as a company or anything they make. Buyer beware.

Pretty sheisty that they’re a paid vendor here.