Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla 2021 SR+ Won't drive (BMS_a151 BMS_a192 BMS_a035)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update:
Finally picked up my vehicle over the weekend. It took about just less than 2 weeks due to the parts being out of stock.
I did have another service appointment to fix some bumper scuffs and wide gaps in my taillight from the delivery. While in service, they were also able to take care of these.
I wish that they would explain the possible causes for the BMS problems (most likely defect as the car was only a week old), and possible lasting affects on the vehicle, if any. Unfortunately, the SC did not have the details on the causes failure.

Parts Replaced
1. Battery - 12V
2. A/C Compressor (Heat Pump)
3. Harness - A/C Compressor

Tesla gotta be close to the worse service ever and they are supposed to be a premium brand. I've got the same service from Toyota, Honda, etc. At any rate, for the point of the battery, you have to have the car towed or wait for mobile service for a battery something roadside should be able to do and seriously you have a vehicle towed in and where is the loaner car? Fanboys gonna flame me of course but that is insane.

Fanboys gonna flame me of course but that is insane.
Some of us will completely agree. Elon has grown the company at an amazing rate, but has allowed the customer service side to slip way behind.

The only way we're going to see Elon and company make positive changes to their horrible customer service and initial quality issues is to make waves about it.

A while back, Elon tweeted that he was aware of their customer service and initial quality shortcomings, and would devote "significant resources" to improving those areas. While we did see an improvement for a while, the situation has now reached a point where it appears to be worse than it has ever been. That tweet has gotta be around two years old by now, so it's not like he hasn't had time to take some action.

Reactions: vickh
First and foremost, WRONG. Problem is with the AC compressor.

Secondly, the car was delivered a week and a half before the problem - how much “in advance” did you want the OP to unnecessarily replace their battery?

before the car is built, like in Back to the future ;)

I love the way people defend TSLA and make it an owner problem. There is a known issue with 12V batteries dying early due to discharge cycles. (mine was replaced at the 11mo. point ) but this isn't the case here..

Mine died about that time too and people said I was dramatic for saying that was insane and the process to replace was insane

before the car is built, like in Back to the future ;)

I love the way people defend TSLA and make it an owner problem. There is a known issue with 12V batteries dying early due to discharge cycles. (mine was replaced at the 11mo. point ) but this isn't the case here..

Tesla gotta be close to the worse service ever and they are supposed to be a premium brand. I've got the same service from Toyota, Honda, etc. At any rate, for the point of the battery, you have to have the car towed or wait for mobile service for a battery something roadside should be able to do and seriously you have a vehicle towed in and where is the loaner car? Fanboys gonna flame me of course but that is insane.
I dont understand peoples mentality here. For some reason they think problems are getting solved by covering them up. This may work short term on stock market, but piling up issues will crash their assets and may destroy the company long term. Lets not talk about it and it will disappear. Such a short vision.

Reactions: Phlier
I dont understand peoples mentality here. For some reason they think problems are getting solved by covering them up. This may work short term on stock market, but piling up issues will crash their assets and may destroy the company long term. Lets not talk about it and it will disappear. Such a short vision.
Exactly.

To be clear, I'm a fan boy. Big time. But I really take issue when other fan boys take others to task on what is obviously a fault with our beloved company. The only way Tesla will improve is to have their faults brought up and discussed.

IMO, fan boys that defend the company at any cost do more damage to Tesla than the anti-Tesla guys that come here with the sole purpose of spreading negative (and often false) information.

Nobody is perfect. Not even Elon. Let's constructively discuss his company's faults, problems, etc. In doing so, we might actually make a difference.

Model 3 2021 LR duel motor HP 3,000 miles. Error code BMS_a035 plus mobile app won't work and Car wont drive, I called service and was told a tow truck would pick the car up in 90 Min. and it would need a battery replacement. I was told it should be covered under warranty. I have read where quite a few people are having the same or similar warning messages. I was able to pull the car out of the garage where it dies in my driveway. I guess I was lucky it decided to break down in my driveway. I tried a soft and hard reset but it didn't help. If you get the same error alert I would not drive the car. I'm new here and this is my first post. I'm 65 years old and trying hard to do everything right. Love my Model 3 and hope to get it fixed soon.