Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Advisors? Delivery is Monday. Haven’t heard from anyone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No one ever contacted me from Tesla at any time - we did of course schedule delivery in the app - but I never heard from anyone at Tesla. Yes - we did get the car and delivery was a royal pain since they double scheduled deliveries with ONE person working and guess who got the short end of the wait?
I usually get the short end too. They really need to improve the experience - it is turning a lot of people off.
Glad the car passed your inspection before you picked it up. I hope it is trouble free for a long time. Congrats and enjoy!

Finally, after one full year I got my VIN with a birthdate of Jan 6, 2023. It arrived in Colorado Springs on Jan 26th. The service manager confirmed my X does not have matrix lights. Hopefully they’ll give it a good inspection before shipping it down to Santa Fe. Fingers crossed, since I had to pay in advance of seeing the car.

Finally, after one full year I got my VIN with a birthdate of Jan 6, 2023. It arrived in Colorado Springs on Jan 26th. The service manager confirmed my X does not have matrix lights. Hopefully they’ll give it a good inspection before shipping it down to Santa Fe. Fingers crossed, since I had to pay in advance of seeing the car.
No matrix lights on a 2023? Has the X not been updated to the matrix lights yet?

In the past, I’ve taken delivery of both my 3 and X at the Paramus NJ center. I can’t recommend them enough - the cars were detailed beautifully, everything was ready to go, and the advisor spent almost an hour going over every feature with my wife on the 3 …. Helped create her profile, set the mirrors and wheel, configure her settings etc. Truly the “premium” experience we all desire!

When we bought our X in June 2020, it was much the same, albeit during Covid. The dog and pony show wasn’t going to happen but everything else was great. Car was prepped perfectly, we signed the docs and were off.

Now, I’m picking up a used S on Monday in Mechanicsburg PA. I missed their call on Friday; called the number back, said “car deliveries” at the prompt and the advisor answered on the first ring. Boom. All set. Today I got a text detailing the procedure, where my car will be, invited to examine it all I want before I press “accept delivery” in the app.

Really great experiences all around. I’m absolutely sure it’s not like this for everyone, but whomever is running the northeast region for Tesla has their head screwed on straight.

And I’ll give a shout-out to the Mountain region advisors in Colorado Springs and the Service Center in Santa Fe. The trade-in and delivery process was smooth as silk. Of course on this forum, as with others, we tend to hear more from those unsatisfied customers then those happy ones. So far I’m two for two on the happy side. Now if Tesla would ever make a convertible roadster, I might mortgage my house and wife (don’t tell her I said that) to get one and be 3 for 3! o_O

In the past, I’ve taken delivery of both my 3 and X at the Paramus NJ center. I can’t recommend them enough - the cars were detailed beautifully, everything was ready to go, and the advisor spent almost an hour going over every feature with my wife on the 3 …. Helped create her profile, set the mirrors and wheel, configure her settings etc. Truly the “premium” experience we all desire!

When we bought our X in June 2020, it was much the same, albeit during Covid. The dog and pony show wasn’t going to happen but everything else was great. Car was prepped perfectly, we signed the docs and were off.

Now, I’m picking up a used S on Monday in Mechanicsburg PA. I missed their call on Friday; called the number back, said “car deliveries” at the prompt and the advisor answered on the first ring. Boom. All set. Today I got a text detailing the procedure, where my car will be, invited to examine it all I want before I press “accept delivery” in the app.

Really great experiences all around. I’m absolutely sure it’s not like this for everyone, but whomever is running the northeast region for Tesla has their head screwed on straight.
You buddy are exception to the rule
You take that to the bank

Reactions: aerodyne
You buddy are exception to the rule
You take that to the bank

I'm sure you saw the article recently about the steering wheel that detached .... Unfortunately that also happened here in NJ.

So what service center made it right? Yeah, Springfield NJ. They made the right calls, took good care of Mr. Patel and ensured he was happy in the end.

Really -- these guys here go to bat for us. I say it again and again but Tesla needs to use this as a training area for the rest of the country. Do service right, do sales right and you make customers for life.

Really lucky to live nearby service centers that get it. Wish the rest of ya'll had the same.

Really -- these guys here go to bat for us. I say it again and again but Tesla needs to use this as a training area for the rest of the country. Do service right, do sales right and you make customers for life.

Really lucky to live nearby service centers that get it. Wish the rest of ya'll had the same.
So do I...I have heard many good stories about Service on the east coast, and Tesla "Deserts" in general, it's almost enough to make me move.

Reactions: dmurphy
I'm sure you saw the article recently about the steering wheel that detached .... Unfortunately that also happened here in NJ.

So what service center made it right? Yeah, Springfield NJ. They made the right calls, took good care of Mr. Patel and ensured he was happy in the end.

Like I said peabody , ma is far from that

I recently ordered a Model Y. We have a Tesla store at a local mall in Scottsdale, AZ where we did a test drive. I ordered the car online with expected delivery June 1- June 15. How do I pay for this? I will be putting some money down, and financing the rest. My financing credit Union said once I receive VIN, they mail me a check payable to Tesla, then I mail it to Tesla. Would I then do a wire or something for the remaining balance from my cash account? Do I take the financing check directly to the local Tesla store? Haven’t received much info on how this works. Any insight is appreciated!

Take the check for the loan on the day of delivery. You can then pay the difference using Tesla Pay option to debit your account directly (take your account and routing number information) from your Tesla Account. I wouldn't give Tesla any money until you accept delivery. If you don't accept the car, Tesla is notoriously slow in returning any money.

Home delivery is completely different in 2020 when I bought my car. The home delivery had to be prepaid. This was mostly for delivery into a state that did not have a Tesla Store presence.

Check your sales document for the terms of payment.