Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla AP saves a life!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure it has saved many lives but this is something that happened to me two weeks ago. I was driving my Model Y in a residential area at night going 20 mph with AP enabled. I saw a fawn dart in front of my car. It was at most 10 feet away. I was certain the fawn would be splattered across the front of my car. I slammed on the brakes, the car stopped magically fast and by some miracle the fawn was saved.

The minimum stopping distance at 20 mph is 20 feet. Therefore the car must have seen the fawn and applied the brakes before I even saw it. This real life incident is the exact opposite of the FUD Clown O'Dowd spreads. I feel very grateful I was driving a Tesla. I still feel a little shaken by the incident, partly because my intuition about the certainty of a crash was wrong.

I'm sure it has saved many lives but this is something that happened to me two weeks ago. I was driving my Model Y in a residential area at night going 20 mph with AP enabled. I saw a fawn dart in front of my car. It was at most 10 feet away. I was certain the fawn would be splattered across the front of my car. I slammed on the brakes, the car stopped magically fast and by some miracle the fawn was saved.

The minimum stopping distance at 20 mph is 20 feet. Therefore the car must have seen the fawn and applied the brakes before I even saw it. This real life incident is the exact opposite of the FUD Clown O'Dowd spreads. I feel very grateful I was driving a Tesla. I still feel a little shaken by the incident, partly because my intuition about the certainty of a crash was wrong.
The negative is what sells. The FUD is what sells. This technology will save lives …many many lives in the coming years.

I am amazed at how far Tesla has come.