Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App—Separate Account for Spouse?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our Model 3 hasn't been delivered yet. I've installed the Tesla app on my phone and my wife's.

Do I create a new account for her, add her to my account somehow, or what?

Thanks!

PS Never mind. Some Googling showed me that we use the same account with the same login (although that's not how I would have designed it).

It was updated sometime this year. Your wife can now have a separate account. Before, you had to call into Tesla; now you can do it online.

1. Login to Tesla.com
2. From navigation select "Account"
3. Expand section "Contact"
4. Add your wife's information as "Secondary Contact".

Give Tesla app access to a secondary contact. Your secondary contact will be able to use the app to lock and unlock your vehicles, track location and control other car settings.

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin
It was updated sometime this year. Your wife can now have a separate account. Before, you had to call into Tesla; now you can do it online.

1. Login to Tesla.com
2. From navigation select "Account"
3. Expand section "Contact"
4. Add your wife's information as "Secondary Contact".

Yes, but right now, the secondary account does not have access to either schedule an appointment (not really that big a deal), OR contact roadside assistance (kind of a big deal).

Secondary users don't have roadside assistance option in the app?

I have verified this personally myself, with my wifes secondary account.

• Helpful
Reactions: Dre78
Yes, but right now, the secondary account does not have access to either schedule an appointment (not really that big a deal), OR contact roadside assistance (kind of a big deal).

Secondary users don't have roadside assistance option in the app?

I have verified this personally myself, with my wifes secondary account.
You can always just call the roadside assistance phone number.

Ironically, the secondary account does have the option to purchase upgrades! :eek: They need to fix that ASAP!