Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App 3.10 for Android Users

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably because the App Store is for iOS apps and this is an Android app. :p

Joking aside, it's probably a rollout just like Tesla's own updates. This is for impatient people such as myself.

I meant the Android App Store. OK, more correctly called "Google Play." Sorry for not being more specific. It is not shown in the Google Pay Store on my Pixel 2 as of 12:52 Pm today. Guess it will be here soon...

Reactions: carrtmannnn
Hey, I don't know for sure what was different, but when I wasn't able to find and update in Google Play, I finally went to the Tesla Web Site from my phone, and went to the support page and scrolled down and clicked on the "Get it on Google Play" button. Then it connected with Play and the app had the "Update" button. Maybe it will work for others who it doesn't allow to update directly. Good luck!

Reactions: Painkiller89
Hey, I don't know for sure what was different, but when I wasn't able to find and update in Google Play, I finally went to the Tesla Web Site from my phone, and went to the support page and scrolled down and clicked on the "Get it on Google Play" button. Then it connected with Play and the app had the "Update" button. Maybe it will work for others who it doesn't allow to update directly. Good luck!

You are correct. It updated my google play store page with the latest version. I just did it to.

Had to remove the app and reinstall to get the most recent version from the Google Play store.

Tried to link from Tesla support for the update, no joy.

Reinstalled from the Tesla support page, that worked

YMMV

Update: after signing in it rolled back to the previous version.

Last edited:
I updated my Android app through Google Play and on opening the upgraded app the first time, it notified me that my car is no longer associated with my account and logged me out. Now I'm not able to login through the mobile app, although I'm still able to login and see my car through the web site. This has never happened to me in 1.5 yrs of ownership.

On wait with Tesla Support now. This is going to a fun afternoon. :confused: Thank goodness I carry my key card, otherwise I'd be stuck at work.