Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App: (Android) Controls -> Settings? (Not there)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to enable summon on the android version of the mobile app. Tesla instructions instruct me to "Enable Summon on the touchscreen through Controls > Settings >Driver Assistance > Summon > ON"
On my mobile app, I hit controls and the only options I have are trunks, lights, horn honk and vent.
In the car there isn't a Controls option... there are Quick Controls... but no settings after that.
In the car there is an autopilot menu... but no settings or summon or park or anything I see mentioned in several tutorials etc.

I fear I'm doing something stupid, but I suspect Tesla changed something in the Android version of the app which either moved or disabled when I'm looking for.

I also welcome advice on which section of the forum this post belongs if this is the wrong place to ask.

Trying to enable summon on the android version of the mobile app. Tesla instructions instruct me to "Enable Summon on the touchscreen through Controls > Settings >Driver Assistance > Summon > ON"
On my mobile app, I hit controls and the only options I have are trunks, lights, horn honk and vent.
In the car there isn't a Controls option... there are Quick Controls... but no settings after that.
In the car there is an autopilot menu... but no settings or summon or park or anything I see mentioned in several tutorials etc.

I fear I'm doing something stupid, but I suspect Tesla changed something in the Android version of the app which either moved or disabled when I'm looking for.

I also welcome advice on which section of the forum this post belongs if this is the wrong place to ask.

You need FSD for summon unless you have an older car with enhanced autopilot, which also required paying for
If you've purchased FSD and you don't see summon in the cars autopilot settings something is wrong
Features of Autopilot and FSD are listed below