Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App charging lines

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick one. Notice the app now seems to have vertical lines on the charge bar in the app. They seem to start 60/70%. And it seems when it's not charging the green bar has and orange colour at the end of the bar. Anyone know what the point is or what they mean.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230322_113306_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20230322_113306_Tesla.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 520
Reactions: dIsRuPtEr
First vertical line is 50%.
You will see the blue segment when the battery is cold.
Didn't see orange segment, maybe is from 80/90% to 100%
I thought it was Elon being kind to the USS moaners by making sure they have different ways to check the battery percentage (in numbers/miles/visual lines etc.,). He is acutely aware of how iphone critics literally threw their toys out of the pram when iphone didn’t have the battery percentage and came only with visual representation :)

Quick one. Notice the app now seems to have vertical lines on the charge bar in the app. They seem to start 60/70%. And it seems when it's not charging the green bar has and orange colour at the end of the bar. Anyone know what the point is or what they mean.

Thanks.

I note that your signature says you have a Model 3 RWD so with the LFP battery pack. I understand that the LFP cars didn't have any charge percentage lines on the battery charge limiter. I am guessing that the latest software update has now introduced those lines for you ... all other Tesla vehicles have always had those lines. They simply help people set their chosen percentage as most of us will rarely choose to leave the charging limiter at 100% (due to increased degradation on non LFP batteries). Other points are as per Tesla App charging lines

Reactions: Lddex
I note that your signature says you have a Model 3 RWD so with the LFP battery pack. I understand that the LFP cars didn't have any charge percentage lines on the battery charge limiter. I am guessing that the latest software update has now introduced those lines for you ... all other Tesla vehicles have always had those lines. They simply help people set their chosen percentage as most of us will rarely choose to leave the charging limiter at 100% (due to increased degradation on non LFP batteries). Other points are as per Tesla App charging lines
UPDATE: Just got the percentage lines with an app update.
We don't have the vertical percentage lines. We're using Android phones.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230322-112547.png
    Screenshot_20230322-112547.png
    361.7 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:

Thanks.

• Helpful
Reactions: dIsRuPtEr
I'm on android too and have it. What I don't have the ability to have 5 icons in the shortcuts or one that looks like a house.

I think the house icon is for Homelink ... most won't have that. Getting 5 icons on to the screen requires jiggerypokery ... so it may work on Android too ... best Google it to find out, I can't remember how I did it on mine!

Reactions: Lddex