Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app charging priority

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was using ChargeHQ (happy with it) and was pleased to see Tesla added a similar function to its app a few months back. I’ve been using it since that feature activated however I have one issue that I don’t see a way around. When I have the car plugged in, yes it will stop charging once the sun goes down so it doesn’t pull from the grid. However what it will do is continue to charge from my powerwall so on say a cloudy day the unless I stop charging the car it will quickly draw the powerwall down to my minimal charge setting. It seems the app prioritized home use, the car, the powerwall. What I really want is to keep the powerwall at a level I can get through the night, so my priority would be home, powerwall, car

Is there a way to do that?

Reactions: SoundDaTrumpet
and was pleased to see Tesla added a similar function to its app a few months back.

What similar functionality are you talking about Tesla adding?

It sounds like you are asking for "I dont want to drain my powerwalls" and using only the Tesla app there is no way I am aware of to prevent that, while also still being in on grid mode. There is more discussion in this thread:

I want it to stop charging when it has to draw from the powerwall. A nice feature would be to allow me to set a level on the powerwall that it will not let the car draw below. I would accept being able toPowerwall to charge to 100% and to maintain that. Anything else can go to car charging. What I don’t want it to do is draw my powerwall down to my minimal setting so I end up drawing from the grid on say a cloudy day or during the night. I may not be the normal user, I don’t need to keep the car charged to say 70-80% if it means drawing the Powerwall down to the point it quits feeding the house when the sun isn’t shinning

I want it to stop charging when it has to draw from the powerwall. A nice feature would be to allow me to set a level on the powerwall that it will not let the car draw below. I would accept being able toPowerwall to charge to 100% and to maintain that. Anything else can go to car charging. What I don’t want it to do is draw my powerwall down to my minimal setting so I end up drawing from the grid on say a cloudy day or during the night. I may not be the normal user, I don’t need to keep the car charged to say 70-80% if it means drawing the Powerwall down to the point it quits feeding the house when the sun isn’t shinning

Using the tesla app, this is not possible at this time, while in on grid mode (which means while connected to the grid).