Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app doesn't reconise the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Morning

We have a couple of MP3's at work, my colleague had a problem with his app last night.

Basically the app doesn't reconise the car at all. When he logs in it show the attached picture. This is what we both saw before we collected the car.

He can still use the car using the key cards but can't do anything via the iphone app.

He's deleted and reinstalled the app twice.

Done the soft and hard reset (twice) on the car.

When he logs into his account online it shows he hasn't picked the car up yet!

He's spoken to telephone support who thought it might be something to do with the lease compnay and couldn't help.

Has anyone had something similar or any ideas?

Attachments

• image0.png
    image0.png
    585.3 KB · Views: 51
That's what it looks like before Tesla fully adds the car to your account. So if you're buying the car, as soon as you sign all the paperwork, they click a button and it pops up in your app. Leasing is a bit different as you don't own the car. I know that some leasing firms like evesy have their own app that you have to use, you can't use the Tesla one.
So it's either Tesla haven't ticked a box or you can't use the Tesla app. But it's not an issue with the car, so rebooting it won't help.

I think Tesla are majorly updating their infrastructure at the moment. Its resulting in a few transient issues (we got logged out earlier in the week) but come May, will result in significant loss in functionality for any device or car that is not up to date on software - 2019.40.2.3 being oldest supported version.

So could be a transient issue, but definitely one to watch for May time.

Weird. If he can see the car in his online Tesla account that would imply that it's been ordered using his account details. The fact he can see a loot box icon (to give out referrals) would further back that up.

Probably a transient issue as mentioned above.