Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app for Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where you see widgets? I don't see any changes to new App... I am missing to see something, probably?!!!
Check your widget's outside of the app. You'll see them

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211021-201400_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20211021-201400_One UI Home.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 55
I've got 2021.36 and I like the way the app handles scheduled charging. I think it's easier to understand than what's in the car although the function is the same. You can do scheduled charge or scheduled departure and switch on/off preconditioning and low cost periods/weekends. The car has to be plugged in to see the settings. I can see myself using it because there have been times when I want to make an adjustment but have to go out to the car to do it. Not anymore

Got 4.2.1.722 today
Haven't noticed anything different in the release notes
this update added extra features to widget as well as swipe down notification options for tesla... both allows to unlock car, open both boot without extra popup windows.... real good when holding a grocery bag in hand and trying to open a front boot by fiddling the mobile screen.

What are you able to do with the widget
All I can see is the car status
Taping on the widget opens the app doesn’t seem to do anything else
I can’t change the the width of the widget either
there are two shape of widgets... small tile and large 3 tile like weather widget.

when you are connected to car, and swipe down on top of the screen to see notification or on locked screen click on down arrow saying more... it will show something as following:
IMG_20211031_110002.jpg

which is a security risk (as no need to unlock the mobile) as unlocks car without having mobile lock code but at the same time super handy, as it would open front trunk without confirmation dialog box...

there are two shape of widgets... small tile and large 3 tile like weather widget.

when you are connected to car, and swipe down on top of the screen to see notification or on locked screen click on down arrow saying more... it will show something as following:
View attachment 727594

which is a security risk (as no need to unlock the mobile) as unlocks car without having mobile lock code but at the same time super handy, as it would open front trunk without confirmation dialog box...
Can't I do that if I just pulled down the tab from the top of my phone?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211030-170609_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-170609_Chrome.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 43
What are you able to do with the widget
All I can see is the car status
Taping on the widget opens the app doesn’t seem to do anything else
I can’t change the the width of the widget either
It wouldn't allow to change the size of widget, instead there are two different size widget as below:
IMG_20211031_110726.jpg

you just choose the size you wish (single icon size or 3 icon/tile size)....