Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app for Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks everyone, I wasn't sure if the widget could be resized like other widgets by dragging frame size
On my phone the widget does nothing other than display car status and open the app
looks like nothing has changed on that front with the newer version
App and widget's designed just like a car...
It's dumb enough to do noting perfectly, but ted smart to introduce features we already paid for and promised in advance over next few years to keep us hooked... it's like ordering a cake for first birthday and getting frosting by year 3 and cherry on top by year 6 when we can understand the concept of birthday and cake 😂 😂

yeah, the widget doesn't interact yet but I like it so I don't have to open the app and wait for it to connect to the car to see battery %, whether it is locked and if sentry is on. I think the value it shows is last time you were in or near the car but not sure on that.

Reactions: Audietron
yeh at times I've noticed the widget is not 100% accurate with the car status
I think the refresh/seen (or whatever it's offical title is) xxx hours/minutes ago bottom right gives some indication of that
I used to think that that refresh counter is based on last seen, but it doesn't add up with the app itself... I try to link it to last known battery status, but it's not updating... I try to link that to sentry mode, but widget refresh count not linking to that.... my guess is that it's just the counter at this stage showing until connected to car and other 3 options are available..

I wish I am wrong and it's having more significance than just a counter.

Just got 4.3.0-766
Scheduled charge I can now set the time I couldn't before it would instantly revert back to 12:00AM
It's still reverting back to 12:00AM once it's set
Updating removed my widget

Customise quick controls, long press brings up
flash, honk, defrost, start, Sentry, summon, trunk, vent
you can drag up to replace the default control of your choice

You can now resize the larger widget
The larger widget displays the quick controls along the bottom
Seems a bit buggy unlocked my car but won't lock it

Release notes:
Customise quick controls on vehicle home page with a long press
Adjust cabin overheat protection
Widget improvements
Sentry mode live Camera access on supported cars in select countries (*)

*Vehicle software version 2021.40.5+ required

Any idea why my widget just says "can't load widget?"
It happens to me whenever I restart the mobile... all it needs is to click on Widget and access the app. once app connects to car, widget starts working.
It's broken piece of software, so all we can do is have patience and pray that one day it will be magically fixed (as there is no logs for issues or release notes that what is fixed)

new version 4.3.0-766 brings plenty customisation to app and widget... finally can change shortcut icons on top/bottom to whatever one prefers and no need to press down arrow on lock screen to access frunk open shortcut....

handy, but luckily we live in peaceful new zealand... else easy for someone to force open car without having mobile pass code.

Got Android 4.3.1.777 today
Car 2021.40.6
Still can't find cabin overheat protection in the app
No Sentry mode live camera access in case anyone was wondering

What's New

– Customize quick controls on vehicle homepage with a long press
– Adjust Cabin Overheat Protection
– Widget improvements
– Sentry Mode Live Camera Access on supported cars in select countries (*)

*Vehicle software version 2021.40.5+ required.

Reactions: Audietron
Got Android 4.3.1.777 today
Car 2021.40.6
Still can't find cabin overheat protection in the app
No Sentry mode live camera access in case anyone was wondering

What's New

– Customize quick controls on vehicle homepage with a long press
– Adjust Cabin Overheat Protection
– Widget improvements
– Sentry Mode Live Camera Access on supported cars in select countries (*)

*Vehicle software version 2021.40.5+ required.
It might be subject to Easter egg hunt to figure out cabin overheat protection settings within mobile app... or someone by mistake rolled out the older version package 😂

Since last two mobile software updates, I noticed that Widget no longer gets updated and showcases old location... randomly selects App access as last connected to - like getting out of car and widget shows, last connected to car before 20 Hours - lol.

I hope I am not the only one suffering!!!!!