Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app no longer showing miles added when charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have noticed today that the Tesla app is no longer showing how fast the charge is in miles per hour but is showing the speed of the charge in kWh .

Is this a recent change?

Attachments

• 45DA7BA9-0253-4CB4-97D4-B7F1892F4398.jpeg
    45DA7BA9-0253-4CB4-97D4-B7F1892F4398.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 3,762
Have noticed today that the Tesla app is no longer showing how fast the charge is in miles per hour but is showing the speed of the charge in kWh .

Is this a recent change?

I always had it showing kWh so no idea if it's changed for people who had it set to show miles. (The useful thing about knowing how many kWh has been added is that it is a consistent measure and you actually know how much has been added to the battery. Also if I added 20kWh I know that at 5p per kWh it cost £1. Miles added is a calculated guess.)

If your charge indicator is set to % charge (rather than ‘miles left’ ) your app will indicate kW hour as the rate of charge. If you tap the charge indicator on the display to change it to miles, the charge speed indicator in the app will be miles per hour.

Odd, but there you go.

If your charge indicator is set to % charge (rather than ‘miles left’ ) your app will indicate kW hour as the rate of charge. If you tap the charge indicator on the display to change it to miles, the charge speed indicator in the app will be miles per hour.

Odd, but there you go.
Thank you so much for this, it was driving me 🥜.

That is just priceless. Nobody else but Elon Musk would develop a phone app that lets you monitor your car remotely, but that requires physical contact with your car to change how the app displays information it already has.

Thank you so much for this, it was driving me 🥜.

That is just priceless. Nobody else but Elon Musk would develop a phone app that lets you monitor your car remotely, but that requires physical contact with your car to change how the app displays information it already has.
You haven’t used other EV’s and their ecosystem I guess :)

Nobody else but Elon Musk would develop a phone app that lets you ...

Oh but you jest ...

... my Husqvarna RoboMower has exactly that feature. APP says "There is an error code on your mower, see mower for details." It also has functions that I would like to be able to do from the mower but that has to be done from APP. And right now its mowing at the wrong time of the day because its clock has reset for some reason ... its talking to the mothership all the time (I can see a trace of where it has been recently on my phone ... you know ... 'coz it uses GPS and sends the data to the mothership :) ) but it can't automatically a) figure out the time zone it is in and b) set the TIME on the Mower such that I have to do that MANULLY? and at the MOWER and most definitely NOT from the APP <sigh>

• Funny
Reactions: Billbrown1982
Nobody else but Elon Musk would develop a phone app that lets you monitor your car remotely, but that requires physical contact with your car to change how the app displays information it already has.

Yes, I imagine he must do the app development personally, in between tweaking rocket engines and boring underground tunnels ... no rest for the wicked ... if only he had other people to do some of that stuff ... I hope he doesn't though, because otherwise people wouldn't be able to post such entertaining twaddle on the TMC forum!