TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Tesla App Notifications Change?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Patrick W, Jan 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Patrick W

Patrick W Active Member

Up until recently I would receive supercharger related notifications on the Tesla app on my iPhone when:

Charging started
    Nearly complete
    Charging complete

But lately the only notification I've been receiving is the last one (Charging complete)

Anyone else seeing this?

2. ThisIsTrue

ThisIsTrue Dismember

I've never seen a "charging started" notification, but I do get the latter two. The thing is, there's no "alert" -- no sound, no vibration -- yet they want to charge me if I overstay. Why isn't there a way to set an alert tone? Seems like a rather obvious suggestion.

• Like x 1
  3. Lbkmxp100d

Lbkmxp100d Member

You have to have to set it in notifications settings to get the notification.

4. ThisIsTrue

ThisIsTrue Dismember

Ah... indeed "Charging Started" is unchecked -- and frankly I don't see the need. But there is no setting for putting a sound on the notifications, which is something I WOULD like, especially considering they want to charge me if I leave the car for too long.

• Like x 1
  5. Patrick W

Patrick W Active Member

Thanks. I forgot about the settings. Looks like something in the settings got changed after reinstalling the app after getting the new S. I now have all of the options checked.

However, not sure what difference that makes as the app indicates "Supercharging notifications are always ON". I think I'll stop at one this evening and see what happens.