Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app shows my interior temperature is 189 degrees!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday evening my 16 MX was parked in the shade at 60 degrees outside temperature. I got in it and noticed it was freezing cold inside, it felt like maybe 40 degrees. I pulled up the tesla app on my phone to see and it said it was 148 degrees. I knew this was not true and figured I should reset the car, did the 4 button reset and the change the tire reset but it still shows high. It actually started to rise to 189 after I disabled the cabin overheat protection. I kept looking at the app throughout the night and each time it was 175-190.

Has anyone else experienced this? I am out of warranty and would love to fix it myself, but I also scheduled service for Thursday.

• Informative
Reactions: mr-dmitry
But the software must have detected that issue instead of falsely turning on the overheating protection.
Maybe. But I doubt it was set up to expect a bad sensor. Hard to guess at what might break. 189º is likely within the range of normal for the sensor. My car sometimes exceeds 150 and I live in Indiana. Cabin Overheat protection only runs for four hours. It did not detect a drop, so it kept on going.🤷‍♂️