TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Australian Roadside Assistance only 9AM to 6PM Monday to Friday?

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by pedantique, Aug 19, 2015.

1. pedantique

pedantique Member

My car had a "12V battery needs servicing" warning this evening. So, I called the Roadside Assistance number, which is supposed to be 24 hours 365 days per year.

The recorded message (in an American voice) said the hours of service are 9 to 6 Monday to Friday. I tried both the 1 800 toll free and Sydney numbers.

Now, I suspect (and hope) this is a temporary routing issue but I would hate to get that message in an emergency, especially in a car with no spare tyre.

I emailed the service line and received a very prompt response and they assured me the service line is 24/7…

2. Kayto

Kayto Member

I called the service line a couple of times, late on a Saturday night. The phone was answered straight away by a Tesla employee. Admittedly he was in Europe, but he was very helpful and got the right Australian service guy to call me back.
    My issue (self-inflicted...ahem...) was resolved.